15th April 2023, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I secure MBA admission without entrance exam being a BCom(H) student?

Hi everyone, I want to secure admission for MBA course but without giving any kind of entrance exam. I am a student of BCom(H) and after completing my BCom I will do MBA course. Please let me know immediately.

15th April 2023, 06:41 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I secure MBA admission without entrance exam being a BCom(H) student?

MBA is Master in Business Administration. It is two year master course. The eligibility to appear for the entrance examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, you can apply for the entrance examination conducted as CAT, MAT, XAT etc to apply for the admission in the course. The required aggregate is minimum 50% from a recognised university. There is no age limit to get admission in the course.
15th April 2023, 07:13 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I secure MBA admission without entrance exam being a BCom(H) student?

MBA is Master in Business Administration, it is two year undergraduate course. The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, you can apply for CAT, MAT and XAT examination to get admission in MBA course.
15th April 2023, 08:04 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria required to get admission in MBA Course:

The minimum basic eligibility criteria required to get admission in MBA course is given below:

Name of the course - MBA (Master of Business Administration)

>> Yes. There are several colleges offering admission into MBA course based on performance in Graduation alone and does not require any entrance examination score. To be eligible for getting admission into this MBA course, candidates must have completed Graduation or Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institute.

>> In general, the minimum percentage required in Graduation is 50% marks or more than that.

>> Some of the colleges do not require any entrance examination passed and in such cases admission will be done based on the performance in merit of the Graduation.

>> Some colleges offer admission based on CAT or XAT or MAT or CMAT or NMAT ..etc., score.

>> Hence I suggest you to check with the college in which you would like to get admission over phone.
15th April 2023, 09:05 PM
Msdhoni02

Yes, it is possible to secure admission to an MBA program without appearing for an entrance exam, even if you are a BCom (Hons) student.

Many universities offer admission to their MBA programs based on a candidate's academic record, work experience, and other criteria such as group discussion (GD) and personal interview (PI). Some universities also offer direct admission to students who have completed their undergraduate degree from the same institution.
15th April 2023, 09:22 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Many MBA colleges like SOIL offer PGP/PGDM courses and no national exam is needed for admissions here. It is advisable to opt for MBA exams like MAT, CMAT, or ATMA as Admissions into B-schools ranked after the Top 50 provide admission even at the low percentile.
16th April 2023, 02:58 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

No, candidates have to appear in the entrance exam called CAT, XAT and MAT to study MBA.
17th April 2023, 06:02 PM
Shantanubose22

Yes, you can secure admission directly. Many top private MBA colleges offer direct admissions without considering entrance exam. However, it is not possible to get admission in IIMs or premier MBA colleges like XLRI, SPJIMR or MDI without appearing for any MBA entrance test like CAT, XAT, MAT, etc.
17th April 2023, 11:09 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes, students can enroll in MBA programs without sitting entrance tests.

Many of the top private MBA schools provide direct admission without taking into account the results of entrance exams. However, you cannot enroll in one of the IIMs or a top MBA school like XLRI, SPJIMR, or MDI without taking an MBA entrance exam like the CAT, XAT, or MAT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?