I have done B.Sc.IT(Bachelor of
science in information technology)
from distance Education.
can i do B.Ed from this degree.
please reply me sir.

18th February 2015, 07:55 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study B.Ed if completed B.Sc(IT)?

If you have pursued B.Sc (Information Technology) in distance from a recognized university, then yes you are certainly eligible to pursue B.Ed course. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for B.Ed course is "Graduation" or Bachelor Program from a recognized university. Apart from this criteria, you must have passed Graduation B.Sc (IT) with minimum 50% marks to be eligible. If you have not pursued B.Sc (IT) from distance education recognized university, then I am sorry you are not eligible for doing B.Ed course.

Important Note: Candidates who have passed their examination (Graduation) through distance learning, they have to qualify written Examination. Since you have passed through distance learning, you are required to pass NET (National Eligibility Test) conducted by University Grants Commission to pursue B.Ed course.
18th February 2015, 08:18 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Yes, you are eligible for admission. Interested candidates who have scored 45% aggregate marks in graduation are eligible to get admissions to B.Ed courses. As per the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) norms, candidates seeking admissions for B. Ed courses should score minimum 45% in graduation. For the reserved categories and physically handicapped, minimum marks should be 40 per cent. The course duration is for 12 months. You have to write entrance exam for admission.
19th February 2015, 11:18 AM
bablurocks

Yes, you can do B.Ed after B.Sc (Information Technology).

If your aspiring to become an Teacher then B.Ed course is useful for you But your aspiring to become an Lecturer, So you have to crack the NET /SLET Examination then only you may get Lecturer job.
19th February 2015, 08:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have done B.Sc.IT(Bachelor of
science in information technology)
from distance Education.
can i do B.Ed from this degree.
please reply me sir.
You have done B.Sc in IT from distance education so you are eligible for B.Ed course but your degree must be recognized.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree with above 50% marks from a recognized university are eligible for B.Ed course.

Your minimum age should be 18 years.
19th February 2015, 11:17 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for admission in B.Ed course, because candidates who have completed their graduation or post Graduation with 50% of marks are eligible to apply for B.Ed admission.

Eligibility:-
i)Candidates should have completed their graduation with 50% of marks.
ii)Candidate must have studied at least one School subject, in his graduation as a main subject.

If you can satisfy this criteria, you can apply B.Ed admission at the university or Institute, from which you want to pursue your B.Ed course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?