30th July 2019, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Can I study BE(Electrical Engineering) after completing Diploma Engineering course?

Hi everyone, can I know my eligibility to do BE(Electrical Engineering) as I am a student of Diploma Engineering, so I will be able to do this BE? I am interested to do this BE course. Please let me know about this as soon as possible. Thank you!

2nd August 2019, 11:13 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BE(Electrical Engineering) after completing Diploma Engineering course?

B.E. Electrical Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering is an undergraduate Electrical Engineering course. Yes, you are eligible to study BE(Electrical Engineering) after completing Diploma Engineering course. In order to get admission in Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering course, you should appear in the LEET examination. With the help of LEET examination, you can get direct second-year admission in Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering course.
3rd August 2019, 11:32 AM
HKBEHURA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BE(Electrical Engineering) after completing Diploma Engineering course?

Yes, you can pursue BE in Electrical Engineering program through lateral entry as well as a normal entry. If you have a Diploma in Electrical Engineering certificates you can pursue this course through lateral entry. Eligibility criteria to pursue BE in Electrical Engineering program:
1. You must have Secondary examination certificates with a minimum of 60% marks in Maths and your chosen subject.
2. You must have cleared the JEE Mains entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency or must have cleared a Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
3. You must be 17 years old.
3rd August 2019, 05:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can surely apply for admission in BE (Electrical Engineering) if you have got a diploma in engineering qualification from a recognised institute or college. Just make sure you perform well in the entrance exam conducted for admission.

You can apply for lateral entry in 2nd year through state-level engineering entrance exam. There is JEE Main also available for you but it will only allow first year admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?