5th April 2022, 03:36 AM
Unregistered

Do I need to have programming knowledge to become a white hat hacker?

Hi, dis is Chaitanya....I have done my btech computer science and also completed courses of MCSE and CCNA... I do not have a brief knowledge of programming and I am not at all interested in programming. But I am good in hardware and networks... My question is do I need to have programming knowledge to become a whitehat...
I an going to join one if the ATC of EC council.. But I need to have an answer.. I would appreciate a detailed answer soon...
Regards....

7th April 2022, 04:46 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to have programming knowledge to become a white hat hacker?

There are no standard education criteria for a white hat hacker.

Every organization impose it's own requirements , but bachelor's and masters degree in information security , computer science or mathematics provides strong foundation.

Programming and SQL skills are an essential part for becoming an effective hacks.

Hacking involves breaking protocols and exploiting a network.

Hacker must understand the language of software that they are focussing g on.
7th April 2022, 11:05 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to have programming knowledge to become a white hat hacker?

Yes. To become an effective hacker, you should know the concept of programming language. This will be an added advantage for learning the application quickly.
9th April 2022, 05:14 AM
Msdhoni02

Do I need to have programming knowledge to become a white hat hacker?

There are no standard education criteria for a white hat hacker – every organization can impose its own requirements – but a bachelor's or master's degree in information security, computer science or mathematics provides a strong foundation.
9th April 2022, 11:30 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

To become a White Hat hacker you can learn Python, C++, and more than programming language you should develop a toolkit. Some of the common tools for hackers are Nmap, hydra, burp suite, smbclient, FTP, ssh, Metasploit framework, BeEF, Nessus, and go buster. You have to clear several examinations like Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), and Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT). These are the basic things to become a white hat hacker and this is not enough you need permissions from the organization/company to do testing on their network.
11th April 2022, 02:50 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

It All Depends Where you want to go. Command Over coding skills takes time. But yes you can start It along with Ethical Hacking. For beginning you only need enough knowledge to understand the function of the Application.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?