5th June 2015, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility of joining Merchant Navy after B.Com?

sir/madam kya me merchant navy join kar sakta hu commece student hu sirf B.Com ki hai.

Plese reply my question.

Thanks

5th June 2015, 06:26 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility of joining Merchant Navy after B.Com?

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to apply for the Merchant Navy after pursuing B.Com degree because only the candidate from science background can apply for the Merchant Navy .

The eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy are as under :-

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 class or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board.

-The age limit to apply for merchant navy is from 16 years to 25 years.

-The candidate should be physically and Mentally strong, fit for sea-services under standard norms .

-Only unmarried male and female candidate can apply for Merchant Navy.

-The candidate height should not be less than 150 cm to become eligible for entry in Merchant Navy .

-The weight should not be less than 42 kg and the chest should expand upto a minimum range of 5 cm.

-The candidate should have vision of 6/6 (normal) in each eye separately and should not suffer from Color Blindness defect.

The selection procedure involves of;

*Written Exam.

*Physical Test

* Medical Test

*Personality Interview.
5th June 2015, 06:32 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

One thing I must say about Merchant Navy is the candidates who have completed 10+2 or any equivalent examination from the recognized university are eligible to apply.

There is No requirement of gradation for merchant Navy. But 1st year candidate of 3 year degree program has an eligibility to apply for Merchant Navy.

For the details regarding the eligibility Criteria for Merchant Navy you can have a look on the below information.

Eligibility Criteria for Merchant Navy :

* Only the candidates who have recently completed the 10+2 from the recognized University are eligible to apply.

* Or the candidates who are pursing I/III degree program are eligible for Merchant Navy.

* And also you must have a recent JEE Score and based on JEE score you will be shortlisted for Interview for a selection of Merchant Navy.

* Here is Reason for Ist year pursing candidates to allow for Merchant Navy is they have a recent score of JEE Mains.

* Age should be more than 20 years and there is a Age relaxation for 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
5th June 2015, 06:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir/madam kya me merchant navy join kar sakta hu commece student hu sirf B.Com ki hai.

Plese reply my question.

Thanks
No, you are not eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Those candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.

Physical criteria:-

• Eye Sight = 6/6
• Height = 167 cms
• Weight = 50 Kg
• Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)
5th June 2015, 11:33 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Sorry friend, B.Com graduates are not eligible for Merchant navy.

Candidates from science stream are only eligible for Merchant Navy.

Other options for B.Com candidates :
  • Civil Services
  • IBPS PO
  • SSC CGL
  • State Public Service Commission
6th June 2015, 01:18 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Plese reply my question.

Thanks
The Merchant Navy is a non-combatant commercial fleet, which deals with transporting cargo and occasionally, passengers, by sea. To join in Merchant navy you need to do the courses in order to be eligible :
  • B.E Marine Engineering
  • B.Sc Nautical Science
  • M.E Marine Engineering

B.E Marine Engineering is a under graduate course of 4 years duration and eligibility needed is 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as subjects.

B.Sc Nautical Science is a under graduate course of 3 years duration and eligibility needed is 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as subjects.

M.E Marine Engineering is a post graduation degree with 2 years duration and eligibility needed is B.E Marine from a recognized university.

The best institutes where you can prefer doing the courses are:
  • The Training Ship Chanakya (T S Chanakya),
    Karaus, Navi Mumbai.
  • Marine Engineering Research Institute,
    P-19, Taratolla Rd, Kolkata-700088
  • Marine Engineering & Research Institute,
    Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai - 400 033
  • Directorate General of Shipping,
    Jahaj Bhavan, Ballard Estate,
    Walchand Hirachand Marg, Mumbai 400001
6th June 2015, 07:03 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Plese reply my question.

Thanks
Sorry, to say that you are not eligible for Merchant Navy after B.Com. Only Science stream candidates are eligible to apply for Merchant Navy. Both Physics and Chemistry are a must and along with that Mathematics is also required to be eligible for Merchant Navy. So, being a B.Com student, you are not eligible for Merchant Navy. Please, look for other options. However, you can apply for MBA or M. Com or any other course in the commerce stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?