29th January 2019, 02:12 AM
Unregistered

Horticulture or Agriculture, which is better to study in BSc?

Hi everyone, I want to study Horticulture in my BSc. But my parents are telling me that Agriculture has more scope. They are suggesting me to do BSc with Agriculture. I would like to know that which one is better to study? Please tell me immediately.

7th February 2019, 06:38 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Horticulture or Agriculture, which is better to study in BSc?

I would like to suggest you to pursue that degree in which you are truly interested because that will be fruitful for you in the future.
Concerning the scope of agriculture in India, the field has more scope in comparison to other subjects. It consists of numerous subjects including agronomy, soil science, plant pathology, entomology, microbiology, Agroforestry, Horticulture, agricultural economics, seed technology of plant Genetics, plant biotechnology etc.

Horticulture basically deals with Garden and other possible crops which includes fruits, vegetables, flour, spices etc.

Horticulture is also included in agriculture.
9th February 2019, 11:42 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Horticulture or Agriculture, which is better to study in BSc?

As per my suggestion, you should go for a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture course rather than B.Sc in Horticulture.

ELIGIBILITY AND DURATION

1. The basic eligibility required to enter in this course is the candidate should have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.

2. The minimum percentage required in 12th is 50% and you have to appear in entrance examination which is conducted by the institute.

3. The duration of the Bachelor of Science in Agriculture is 4 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?