11th September 2017, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

How to get admission in aeronautical engineering course?

Sir, recently I have completed my diploma in electronics and I am eager to make my career in aeronautical engineering. Could you please brief me, how can I get in aeronautical course and what should I do?

Related Questions:
  1. What is Aeronautical Engineering all about? Is MHT CET exam conducted for admission in Aeronautical Engineering?
  2. Percentage required in 12th to get admission for Aeronautical Engineering? Steps needed for admission in Government Aeronautical Engineering Colleges?
  3. How to become an Aeronautical engineering after 10th? Admission procedure, duration and salary?
  4. How to take admission in Aeronautical Engineering? How many subjects to pass to gain Aeronautical Engineering Degree?
  5. Can I get admission for Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Mechanical Engineering? Do I need to give any Entrance Exam for this?
  6. What should I do to take admission in Aeronautical Engineering after +2?
  7. What are the possibilities of joining aeronautics?
  8. Can I join Aeronautical Engineering after doing B.E in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  9. How can I become an aeronautical engineer after completion of 10th standard?
  10. Percentage required in 12th Boards to get into Aeronautical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to get admission in aeronautical engineering course?
  12. Admission in KWASU in Aeronautical engineering is possible? -- [New]
  13. What is the selection process followed for aeronautical engineering after 10+2?
  14. Aeronautical engineering without giving any entrance exam is possible? Percentage required in HSC and compulsory entrance exams? List of government Aeronautical engineering colleges?
  15. How can I get admission in Aeronautical engineering?
  16. Best government institution in Pune to study Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering? Procedure to get admission and cut off marks in entrance exam?
  17. How to take admission in Aeronautical engineering? Minimum age required for aeronautical engineer?
  18. Which Colleges in India offer Aeronautical Engineering course? How can I get admission in the College?
11th September 2017, 06:19 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission in aeronautical engineering course?

You can apply for bachelor of engineering in aeronautical engineering course after 12th standard. One who has completed 12th standard with non medical stream are eligible to apply this course. It is compulsory to qualify Joint Entrance Test held by all IITs.

List of aeronautical colleges:

IIT Guwahati, Assam

IIT Delhi, Delhi.

Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Bihar Institute of Technology, Sindri, Ranchi, Bihar
11th September 2017, 07:35 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard or its equivalent examination with a minimum of 60% marks from any recognized board/university, are eligible for Aeronautical Engineering course.
Since, you have completed Diploma in Electronics Engineering course, so you can take lateral entry admission to Aeronautical course by appearing and qualifying Lateral Entry Entrance Examination.
By qualifying lateral entry entrance examination you can take admission direct into 2nd year of Aeronautical Engineering course.
11th September 2017, 08:40 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You can get admission in Aeronautical engineering through JEE.

The full form of JEE is Joint Entrance Exam. It is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education.

Diploma candidates can apply for this exam and are eligible to get admission in Indian Institute of Technology for this technical course. You should wait for notification of 2018 examination.
12th September 2017, 12:01 PM
sapphire1

If you want to apply for the Aeronautical engineering then it is best to get admission in several colleges even in IIT through JEE Entrance exam. There are so many colleges and universities which provide this course and for this, you need to apply for the JEE entrance exam.

Eligibility criteria for Aeronautical engineering:

Applicant should have the 12th class with physics, chemistry, and mathematics as their main subjects.

They require minimum 60% marks in 12th class from a recognized board or university.
If you have done diploma in this field then you can apply for the degree course in the same field.

After diploma, you will get admission in the 2nd year through lateral entry scheme.

There is the good scope of this course so it is best to choose this course for your future. After B.tech you can also apply for the master degree course and you can apply for the job.
12th September 2017, 04:37 PM
Sandhyab287

Thumbs up Re: How to get admission in aeronautical engineering course?

Dear Friend,

Aeronautical Engineering is a graduation course which is applicable for 12th passed candidates in Physics, chemistry and maths.Many colleges in India are available which are offering Aeronautical Engineering, but if you want to get admission in good colleges like IITs, NITs then you have to qualify entrance exam with good rank.

Some good colleges which are offering Aeronautical engineering are such as :

IIT Guwahati
IIT Delhi
Manipal Institute of Technology
Anna University
Madras institute of Technology
Acharya Institute of Technology
Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering
Netti Meenakshi Institute of Technolgy

Regards,
Sandhya
12th September 2017, 07:19 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Candidates those who have completed their Class 12th in Science stream studying PCM as a subject combination from a recognized Board scoring a minimum of 60% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Bachelors degree in Aeronautical Engineering.
Since, you have completed your Diploma course, you can take admission under B.Tech or B.E course directly in the second year through lateral entry process. You must have to appear and qualify in the entrance examination conducted by the respective State Council or National Council to get admission in different Colleges offering lateral entry admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?