7th July 2017, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

For how many years I have to study to become a journalist?

Hi, it’s Shweta. Many of my friends said that after 12th, I have to do many course for being journalist means i have 2 waste my 8 years after 12th for being journalist. I am very much crazy for being journalist. So, please guide me what course & up to how much year, I have to do for being journalist?

9th July 2017, 02:32 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For how many years I have to study to become a journalist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, it’s Shweta. Many of my friends said that after 12th, I have to do many course for being journalist means i have 2 waste my 8 years after 12th for being journalist. I am very much crazy for being journalist. So, please guide me what course & up to how much year, I have to do for being journalist?

You can study a graduation course in journalism to become a journalist. Duration of the course is three years after 10+2. Some students prefer post graduation in the same field. Duration of the course is two years. Totally it will require around 3 to 5 years, becoming a journalist after completion of 12th standard. There are courses like BA Journalism, MA Journalism, MA Mass Communication, Bachelor of Journalism etc. available to study in various colleges in India. Apart from educational qualification, you should have a passion to become a journalist.
9th July 2017, 06:56 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

To become a journalist, a bachelor's degree in the relevant field, such as journalism, communications or English, is the minimum degree required.
A bachelor's degree in journalism is a four year program, however at some universities it is possible to complete the program in three years.
10th July 2017, 10:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Graduation on mass communication is enough to make you a journalist, if you have studied from a good college with necessary skills. Even qualification is not necessary in this field. Those who are passionate about this field, can make a decent career.

It is all about your interest towards this field. Selection in this field is mainly based on skills you show to the interviewer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?