25th July 2015, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

How much percentage is required in B.Tech to study MBA?

Hello,
I want to do MBA after my B.Tech. Please tell me what percentage I must score in my B.Tech so that I can get admission in MBA? Please let me know immediately.

Related Questions:
26th July 2015, 11:49 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: How much percentage is required in B.Tech to study MBA?

MBA i.e Master of Business Administration and the duration of this course is two years and the course is divided into four semesters.

Eligibility Criteria:

-An applicant should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.
-An applicant must have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate.
-Final year of degree course may also apply.

To get admission in MBA course, you need to crack the entrance examination, which is conducted by their respective university. Normally, the notification will be published in the month of April or May in the official website of respective university.

MBA is one of the best career option after completing degree course. Popular MBA entrance examinations are: CAT and MAT.

CAT i.e Common Admission Test is conducted by Indian Institute of Management once in a year. The basic education qualification to apply for this examination is that the candidate should have completed degree with 50% from a recognized university. The candidate must have secured at least 45% marks in aggregate.
26th July 2015, 07:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For becoming eligible for most of the MBA entrance exam you need at least 50% marks in your B.Tech degree from a recognized institute. Only GMAT is is a widely recognized scored which doesn't ask for any percentage criteria. Therefore, you don't need any specified percentage to become eligible for MBA admission.

All you need is an excellent score in any of the widely recognized entrance exam like CAT/GMAT. Once you have a good score and perform well in interview then surely you will get admission.
26th July 2015, 09:26 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I want to do MBA after my B.Tech. Please tell me what percentage I must score in my B.Tech so that I can get admission in MBA? Please let me know immediately.
If your B.Tech degree marks is above 50% then you are eligible for MBA course.

Those candidates who have completed graduation from a recognized university are eligible for MBA entrance exam. Your graduation marks must be above 50% from recognized university. Final year candidate are eligible for MBA entrance exam.

List of the MBA entrance Exams:-

CAT: All IIMs' and 100+ more institutes.
XAT: XLRI Jamshedpur, XIM Bhubaneshwar, S. P. Jain, GIM etc.
SNAP: Institutes affiliated with Symbiosis University
JMET: IITs' and NITs' Management Program
MH-CET: Colleges in Maharashtra
CMAT: All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)

Exam pattern for MBA exam:-

1.Decision making
2.Verbal and logical ability
3.Quantitative ability and data interpretation
4.Essay & general awareness
30th July 2015, 11:13 PM
pointer01

For doing MBA you have to qualified these examination-

1-CAT
2-CMAT.
3-UPTU MBA Entrance examination.

If you beat any one of these entrance examination then you can only do the MBA course.If you want to do MBA from good companies such as IIM then you have to qualify the CAT exam with the good ranks.
31st July 2015, 10:17 PM
mahetuty
Member+

hello,

If you want to study MBA, you should complete any stream of bachelor degree and also must have passed with minimum 50% marks. SC and ST candidates will be having 5% relaxation.
2nd August 2015, 09:52 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Dear friend

As you want to do MBA after completing B Tech degree..

So if you secure minimum 60 % marks in BTech degree then you will be definitely eligible for giving all the entrance exam for MBA...

List of entrance exam
--CAT
--XAT
--MAT
--CMAT

**Final year candidates can apply selection procedure written exam followed by GD or interview..

The written exam consist of Numerical Ability, Reasoning, English, General awareness..

All the best..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?