20th January 2018, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

Is it mandatory to complete graduation in Criminology to become a CBI Officer?

Sir, Do we have to complete graduation only in criminology or can do in any other stream? Can someone please give me the right information on the same? What are the minimum criteria followed for graduation to apply for CBI officer job? Awaiting to get the response.

21st January 2018, 04:36 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to complete graduation in Criminology to become a CBI Officer?

No, there is no such requirement. You need to have graduation in any discipline and then quality the written exam and interview to get such posts.

Most of the government jobs in CBI just require you to be a graduate in any discipline. The only hurdle will be written exam and interview conducted by the concerned organisation.
22nd January 2018, 02:50 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to complete graduation in Criminology to become a CBI Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, Do we have to complete graduation only in criminology or can do in any other stream? Can someone please give me the right information on the same? What are the minimum criteria followed for graduation to apply for CBI officer job? Awaiting to get the response.
No, criminology specialization is not mandatory to become a CBI Officer. But, you must complete Graduation or its equivalent qualification in any discipline from a recognized university to be eligible for CBI Officer post. You have to appear and qualify for the CGL exam, which is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission every year.

Eligibility Criteria:

- The candidate must complete bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university and Final year candidates of any stream can also apply for this exam.

- The candidate age limit should be in between 20 years to 30 years as per latest updated and it is relaxed by three years for OBC candidates and five years for SC/ST candidates.

For any more details, please visit the Official website.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?