20th January 2018, 02:17 AM
Unregistered

Minimum qualification in graduation and post graduation to be eligible for UGC NET exam 2018?

Sir/Mam, l have 50 percent marks in graduation and 55 percent marks in chemistry in post graduation. May I eligible to clear UGC NET exam? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which are followed by the exam? Awaiting to get the answer.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I appear for NET after pursuing graduation from Open and post graduation from regular college?
  2. Eligibility to appear in UGC-NET(Commerce) for a candidate with 42.7% in Graduation and 47.4% in Post Graduation?
  3. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET(Life Science) with 51% and 49% in Graduation and Post Graduation respectively?
  4. How to pursue a career as English Lecturer after doing M.A in English -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET(Commerce) with 47.2% and 58% in Graduation and Post Graduation respectively?
  6. Am I eligible to appear for UGC exam after scoring 46% in graduation and 52% in Post Graduation? I am from General Category
  7. Can I apply for NET exam again in 2018?
  8. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of B.Sc(bio) and M.A(edu)?
  9. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET(Home Science) with 57% and 51% in Graduation and Post Graduation respectively? -- [New]
  10. Eligibility for UGC JRF after completing post graduation in Economics?
  11. What courses I need to do next after completion of MA and B.Ed to get a government job?
  12. Eligibility to appear in UGC-NET for an OBC candidate with 51% in Graduation and 70% in PG?
  13. What should I do if I don't have minimum 50% in Graduation?
  14. Whether Botany students are eligible for NET exam or not?
  15. PG diploma in Journalism is eligible for UGC NET exam?
  16. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET with Commerce if completed Graduation in Commerce and Post Graduation in Economics?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for NET examination after B.Com degree?
  18. How much percentage is required in Graduation and Post Graduation for UGC NET exam?
21st January 2018, 07:08 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum qualification in graduation and post graduation to be eligible for UGC NET exam 2018?

In order to be eligible for UGC NET examination 2018, you have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

> You should have completed your post graduation with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university.

> SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates will get 5% marks relaxation.

> Your age should not exceed 28 years.

> Reserved category candidates will get age relaxation of 5 years.

> If you want to become a lecturer, then there is no age limit to apply.
21st January 2018, 09:34 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum qualification in graduation and post graduation to be eligible for UGC NET exam 2018?

NET refers to National Eligibility Test and same is a national level examination held by CBSE on the behalf of UGC for recruitment of assistant professor or JRFs at various recognized university in India.

Further, for appearing in NET/SET the minimum educational qualification required is master degree course in any discipline with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates from a recognized university.

So having completed your post graduation in Chemistry with 55% marks you are certainly eligible for appearing in UGC NET if your degree is from a recognized university.

For more details regarding NET you can refer to the link www.cbsenet.nic.in.
24th January 2018, 12:47 AM
MNB1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam, l have 50 percent marks in graduation and 55 percent marks in chemistry in post graduation. May I eligible to clear UGC NET exam? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which are followed by the exam? Awaiting to get the answer.
YES, You are eligible to apply for the CSIR-UGC NET exams.

In your Post Graduation exam you have scored an aggregate marks of 55%, so you are eligible.

CSIR conducts the CSIR-UGC-NET JRF/NET exam in the following subjects:

Chemical Sciences
Earth Science
Life Sciences
Mathematical Sciences
Physical Sciences
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?