28th September 2014, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

Non-Sanskrit students are eligible for BAMS?

Hey i had passed my hsc exam in Gujarat and further i want to go for BAMS but it needs sanskrit and i had taken my optional subject computer so please tell me that i m eligible for BAMS??

29th September 2014, 09:13 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Non-Sanskrit students are eligible for BAMS?

BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery. The duration of the BAMS course is 5 1/2 years including one year Internship programme. To be eligible to pursue the BAMS course, you must satisfy the following eligibility criteria as mentioned below :-

1.Educational Qualification :-
You must have passed higher secondary school examination after 12 years of schooling with physics, chemistry and biology subjects or any other equivalent course recognized by the Government and State education Board. Knowledge of Sanskrit is essential for the admission in Gujarati medium regular course. If you want to get admission for the BAMS course in English medium, then sanskrit is not required to be eligible for getting admission in the BAMS course.

2.Age Limit :-
You must have attained 17 years of age as on 31st December of year of admission to the course.

So, we can say that the candidates who have completed their 12th standard or equivalent with Sanskrit subject are eligible to pursue the BAMS course in Gujarati medium and the candidates who have not studied the Sanskrit, are eligible to pursue the BAMS course only in the English medium. Since, you have not studied the sanskrit in your 12th standard or equivalent, then you are eligible to pursue the BAMS course only in the English medium.
29th September 2014, 11:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For BAMS course you must have 10+2 qualification with subjects like physics, chemistry and biology. Also you must ensure that you have scored 50% marks in your 10+2 examination. There is no requirement of Sanskrit subject for medical entrance examination, so don't worry about it.

The admission in BAMS is given through a medical entrance exam and you have to get a very good rank to get the best college according to your choice. There will be objective type questions related to following subjects in the entrance examination.

1. Zoology
2. Botany
3. Physics
4. Chemistry

Therefore, be prepared for the entrance exam and give special attention to above subjects.
19th May 2016, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

I have passed 12th science with B group in english medium and I am OBC Category. How many percentages required to get admission in Ayurvedic college government or self finance ??
24th May 2017, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am Shivam. I have passed out 12th with 66% and I have scored 72 marks in MHT-CET and 40 marks in neet. Sir which will be the best carrier for me in medical side
29th May 2017, 08:54 PM
Harshal R. Umathe

Yes ,
U will be eligible for BAMS even u r not a student of sanskrit .

PCB group is compulsory for taking admission in BAMS .

Sanskrit is an optional subject for medical students .
25th August 2018, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

I'm from English medium school and I don't know to read Sanskrit. Then how can I overcome my problem if I join bams course?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?