20th December 2015, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join Architecture course on the basis of commerce background?

I want to pursue architecture once i complete my 12th class from commerce side. So tell me if it is possible to join Architecture course. I need to take my decision as early as possible. Please help me.

20th December 2015, 07:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join Architecture course on the basis of commerce background?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to pursue architecture once i complete my 12th class from commerce side. So tell me if it is possible to join Architecture course. I need to take my decision as early as possible. Please help me.
You can apply for diploma course in Architecture.

NATA is an aptitude test conducted by the Council of Architecture for those aspirants who wish to avail admissions into the architecture courses.

Applicants who have passed SSC (Class 10th) or equivalent examination can appear for NATA exam for admission in Diploma course.
20th December 2015, 08:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join Architecture course on the basis of commerce background?

Yes, it is possible but you must have maths with commerce stream. For admission in B.Arch course maths is the main subject requirement for admission.

Therefore, if you have studied maths at class 12th level then surely you will be eligible for B.Arch entrance exam. Admission will be based on the performance in entrance exam and colleges will be allotted through counselling.
20th December 2015, 11:02 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, it is possible to join Architecture course on the basis of Commerce background. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing Architecture course, you must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics and English as a subject of study and must have passed National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) entrance examination. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a partiular college and you can get admission in Architecture course. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard with Mathematics subject, by completiong 12th standard with Commerce stream, you are not eligible to get admission in Architecture course.
20th December 2015, 11:52 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Sorry it is not possible to do B.Arch course after competing 12th standard with Commerce stream. The eligibility for a B.Arch course will be a 12th standard in science stream with Mathematics as a main subject from a recognized university. However, a Bachelors Degree in Computer science and Mathematics will be given preference. Applicants with at least 60% aggregate percent marks in12th board exam can apply for this course. Applicants must qualify in the NATA (National Aptitude Test of Architecture) exam in order to get admission. Being a Commerce stream you can apply for the Bachelor Degree such as,

- Bachelor of Commence (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)

Professional Courses:

- Chartered Accountant of India
- Company Secretary of India
- Cost and Work Accountant of India
- Chartered Financial Analyst etc.
21st December 2015, 01:01 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Sorry you are ineligible to apply for Architecture course on the basis of commerce background. Only science stream with Mathematics subject students are eligible to apply. You can apply for the Bachelor Degree course related to Commerce or Accounts subjects.
22nd December 2015, 09:54 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

I am sorry to say you that you are not eligible to do Architecture on the basis of Commerce background. To pursue Architecture in future you should be a Science Background student and should studied Science subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
So, I am sorry to say you that you are not eligible to do Graduation course in Architecture being a Commerce student.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?