20th May 2014, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

Post graduation in Communication & Journalism is possible without Bachelor degree?

I have done my graduation taking english as my honours so is it possible to go for post graduate communication and journalism course without taking up Bachelors in my degrees? thank you

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get the job of News Reading being a student of M.A. in Bengali?
  2. Joining masters degree in Journalism? What is the eligibility criteria? I am doing my Bachelor degree in communication engineering
  3. What to do after 12th standard to become a Journalist? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Best colleges in Delhi for BJMC?
  5. What can I do after doing passing my 12th arts?
  6. Which are the granted and self finance colleges offering bachelor degree in mass communication and journalism?
  7. Which are the courses other than engineering which can be done after 12th Physics,Chemistry,Maths and Computer Science?
  8. Difference between B.A(Honors) in Journalism and Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication(BJMC)? Colleges offering the course?
  9. Which career option to choose after 12th other then Engineering and Medicine?
  10. Gujarat University, Bachelor of Communication, Journalism & Public Relations Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. What to do after passing 12th class in commerce stream?
  12. What should I do to become a news reporter? I am from commerce side
  13. Admission for M.Tech after passing GATE with 70%? Names of the government colleges in Pune and Mumbai?
  14. Is it compulsory to choose your Postgraduate subjects only for appearing in UGC NET?
  15. What course to be pursued after Commerce?
  16. Though my post graduation is in English can I appear for Mass Communication?
  17. IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication-Introduction to Journalism and Mass Communication Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  18. What should I do after 12th Commerce?
13th August 2014, 11:14 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Post graduation in Communication & Journalism is possible without Bachelor degree?

you need to complete graduation with minimum 55 per cent marks. You need to have good grip over the English language and general knowledge. There will be admission test and personal interview for candidates. There are several universities that offer the course like Shobhit University, Institute of Media and Technology, Sikkim Manipal University, Asian Institute of Film and Television to name a few. Pearl Academy Mumbai and Presidency College, Bangalore are one of the leading institutes that offer course in Journalism. There are courses like B.sc in Sports Journalism, B.A in Professional Journalism, B.A in Investigative Journalism, B.Sc in Trade Journalism and B.sc in Fashion Journalism. There are institutes which offers good placements too.
• Times School of Journalism
• Film and Television Institute of India
• Xavier Institute of Communication
• Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication
• Asian College of Journalism
• Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media
• Manorama School of Communication
• Mudra Institute of Communications
14th August 2014, 05:08 PM
piyushkapoor

Default Re: Post graduation in Communication & Journalism is possible without Bachelor degree?

It is possible in case you scored 55% marks in graduation level exam and then you can qualify PG degree in different journalism streams.
13th April 2015, 02:07 PM
amanshrivastava98

Yes, there are many universities which offer PG in journalism without a graduation in journalism.

The eligibility criteria being a candidate should be a graduate under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least from a recognized university and should have possessed at least 55% marks in the graduation.
20th May 2020, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my degree ..now it is possible to study journalism
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?