8th October 2017, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become a marine engineer being a girl?

I am a girl & very confused what to take next? I want to became a marine engineer. I like to work in defence field.is marine engineering good for girls?
I came to know that girls will not take this field. It is a rare one & also very tough. Is there a better future for girls? I have passed 12th with 86%(PCM). Can I do any other engineering to get the defence field?I am very interested. Please, I want a proper answer.

8th October 2017, 06:11 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a marine engineer being a girl?

Eligibility criteria for Bachelor in Marine Engineering:

Candidates who have studied in science stream at plus two level are only eligible for admission.

A minimum of 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry for all categories that is OBC / SC / MBC / ST.

Candidate should have obtained 50% marks in English at 10:30 plus 2 standard examination.

They have to appear in one of the given below entrance exam in order to join Marine Engineering.

JEE

MERI

IMU CET

Finally candidates will be admitted to the course only after obtaining physical fitness certificate signed by a medical officer approved by the director general of shipping, Government of India.
8th October 2017, 06:12 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Marine engineer

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should have passed 12th or equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English subject or 3 years diploma in Marine engineering course from a recognised board.

So, you are eligible to pursue Marine engineering course.
8th October 2017, 06:15 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible to join Marine Engineering being a girl and for that you must have passed your 12th standard with PCM from a recognised board with minimum 60% marks and you have to appear in one of the given below entrance exam.

JEE Mains

JEE Advanced

MERI

ISEET

IMU CET
9th October 2017, 09:05 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Minimum eligibility criteria to become a Marine Engineer are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed 12th board exam with at least 60% marks from a recognized Central or State board of Senior Secondary Education .

-The candidate must have passed 12th exam in PCM group i.e.,Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics .

-The candidate age must be less than 25 years to get admission in this degree .

-The candidate should not suffer from color blindness and should have a eyesight of 6/12 in both eyes .

-The candidate must have good communication skills and writing Skills in English .

-Both girls and Boys can apply for this course .
9th October 2017, 11:36 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

A girl can do Marine Engineering after completion of 12th standard in science stream.
Since you are interested in Marine Engineering, so I would advise you to join the course.
Eligibility criteria:
>A candidate must have completed 12th standard with a minimum of 60% marks in PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) from any recognized board.
>Candidate must have obtained 50% marks in English at 10th or 12 standard examination.
>Age of the candidate must not be less than 17 years and more than 25 years.
In order to take admission into Marine Engineering course, you must have to appear in entrance examination such as JEE, MERI, IMU CET, etc., qualifying in which you will be eligible to take admission into the course.
Candidates after completing 4 years Marine Engineering course can join Merchant Navy.
15th November 2018, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

I love to become a Marine engineer but I am a girl I am studying b.tech with computer science but I am passionate towards Marine engineer . My age was 22 can I be a Marine engineer
3rd December 2019, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma in electronics engineering for 3 years. Then i am going to btech electronics and communication engineering. How to join a marine engineer. But my age was 23 years old.
4th September 2020, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10th with 79.8% and completed diploma in Electronic and Telecommunication stream with 70.71%.
Now, I am pursuing my B.E and then planning to join for becoming a marine Engineer. with this criteria will i be eligible for this???
7th January 2021, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

1 Is marine engineer a difficult for girls to study
2 On a scale of 1 to 100, how many percent of girls can be found studying marine engineering
3 Do girls studying marine engineering get intimidated
26th July 2021, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10 th now..I want to do Marine technology in diploma...can I do that after 10 th.. please tell me proper answer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?