3rd July 2016, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

Which subject should I choose in graduation for doing best performance in UPSC exam after 12th(PCB)?

Hello sir, I have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology. My ambition is to crack UPSC exam. So, please tell me which subject should I choose in graduation for best performance in UPSC exam?

11th July 2016, 10:13 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I choose in graduation for doing best performance in UPSC exam after 12th(PCB)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology. My ambition is to crack UPSC exam. So, please tell me which subject should I choose in graduation for best performance in UPSC exam?
It is good to see that from 12th standard you are very clear about your career goals. However, giving the best performance in the UPSC is not based on the Graduation specialization. It depends on how much you understand about Civil Service exam pattern and answering skill. However, I suggest you to operate for B.Sc in Hons subject after completing 12th with PCM. Simultaneously, you can join in IAS coaching centre, while doing Graduation course.

- The minimum educational needed to appear in Civil Service exam is that, the candidate must be a Graduate in any stream weather science Arts or Commerce it nothing to do with that. Also, there is no such restriction regarding percentage in graduation or 12th or 10th.

- The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 32 years and upper age relaxation will be applicable for reserved category candidates. 33 years for OBC and 35 years for SC/ST category candidates.

Selection are based on three sub stages.

1) CSAT - Civil Services Aptitude Test and,
2) Main exam and Interview

Check HERE details regarding Civil Service exam.
11th July 2016, 11:12 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I choose in graduation for doing best performance in UPSC exam after 12th(PCB)?

It is nice to have your interest in UPSC examination. The examination is among the toughest examination and needs great determination, devotion and dedication to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection.

As, you have PCB in 10+2 and if you have interest in any of these subject you can pursue graduation with it but mainly most of students prefer to pursue bachelor of arts in graduation to qualify in examination.

So, you can go with History, Geography, English, Sociology, Political Science or Economics.

As, per qualifying candidates graph most of them have optional paper in Mains examination from Arts.

But there is also candidates who have bachelor discipline as compared to optional paper for examination.

So, I will suggest you to choose the paper as according to your interest instead of getting in rumor about the selection of paper for examination.
11th July 2016, 02:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
To become an IAS/ IPS/ IRS officer, you can choose graduation degree in Arts stream because arts subjects are scoring compare to other.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized University are eligible for UPSC exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.

Books for UPSC exam:-

IAS PRE: Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
by Upscportal
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 225

UPSC IAS PRE: English Grammar and Usage
by Upscportal
Publisher: UPSCPORTAL Publications
Price: Rs. 220

UPSC PORTAL: English Language Comprehension Skills
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upsc Portal
Price: Rs. 150

UPSC Portal General Knowledge Manual
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 150
11th July 2016, 02:47 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. It conduct many exams & for all those exams graduation is mandatory. So, first of all complete your graduation then think of applying for the same. You must be clear for which exam you want to appear. Below I have attached a few exams notification which UPSC conducts for your reference.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Civil Service 2016.pdf(653.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: pdf Combined Defence Service Exam Notification..pdf(35.99 MB, 8 views)
File Type: pdf UPSC Combined Medical Service Exam 2016.pdf(200.2 KB, 18 views)
12th July 2016, 12:15 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
The graduates from any stream are eligible for UPSC examination. So you can choose subject in which you have more interest like B.Sc Physics or B.Sc Chemistry etc.

-> Those students who completed graduation in any discipline are eligible for civil services examinations. It has three stages; they are Preliminary Examination, Mains Examinations and Interview. One should clear the preliminary examinations first.

There are various coaching institutions are available for civil services examinations. The students can make use of it to clear the civil services.
12th July 2016, 03:31 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

There is nothing such as subject requirement in order to do well in your UPSC examination, you should just be good at your studies and should prepare well for the examination, other than that there is no such problem in it.

You should however start preparing for your examination and I am sure you will do well in your exams.
12th July 2016, 01:16 PM
AshuJangra

Smile Re: Which subject should I choose in graduation for doing best performance in UPSC exam after 12th(PCB)?

HI,

You just need to choose the stream in which you are more interested. Like if you are intrested in engineering, medical or arts you should go with your interest othrewise you will not be able to perform good. So i advice make sure to go with your interest only.

Thanks,
ASHU
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?