15th June 2015, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

What is the best subject to opt for in graduation to take IAS in future?

Sir/Mam,

I have complited my 12th, and i want to ask you that what is the best subject for IAS in graduation.? Can you please guide me with the best subject which would help me to prepare well for the test? Looking forward to get your answer soon.

Thank you!

16th June 2015, 07:36 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the best subject to opt for in graduation to take IAS in future?

You can opt for any stream in graduation in which you are interested to be eligible to appear in IAS examination in future. The IAS examination is conducted by UPSC every year and the required eligibility criteria is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IAS examination notification.
16th June 2015, 10:46 AM
VSB yuvaraj

Default Re: What is the best subject to opt for in graduation to take IAS in future?

If you want to do IAS means you should know about politics and languages and general knowledge so choose arts and science that means B.A history is the best choice
16th June 2015, 11:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I have complited my 12th, and i want to ask you that what is the best subject for IAS in graduation.? Can you please guide me with the best subject which would help me to prepare well for the test? Looking forward to get your answer soon.

Thank you!
After completion of 12th standard, you can go for bachelor degree in History. Because history subject is good for IAS entrance exam. This subject is scoring subject.

List of IAS Main Optional Subjects:-

Agriculture, Management, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mathematics, Anthropology, Mechanical Engineering, Botany,Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics,Commerce & Accountancy, Political, Science & International Relations, Economics, Psychology, Electrical Engineering , Public,Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian History, Zoology, Law.

List of IAS main Optional Literature Subjects:-

Arabic, Gujarati, Manipuri, Sanskrit, Assamese, Hindi, Nepali, Sindhi, Bengali, Kannada, Oriya, Tamil, Chinese, Kashmiri, Pali, Telugu, English, Konkani, Persian, Urdu, French, Marathi, Punjabi, German, Malayalam, Russian.
16th June 2015, 05:17 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

There is no specific course/subject to study in graduation to become an IAS officer. You can opt any stream in the graduation to appear in IAS Exam. The minimum qualification is any graduation degree from recognized university. If you choose arts in 3 years bachelors degree for graduation then you can spend more time to prepare for IAS Exam.
30th September 2015, 11:45 PM
vinoth1921

-->It is good to see that you have a great interest in aiming for IAS.
-->You can do courses related to History/ Geography/ Economics/ Law etc. which is all 3 years course and this also gives you ample time to prepare parallelly for Civil service exam during your graduation.
-->If you going to pursue engineering then also it is okay , you may also try for
-IES is the one of the exam conducted by UPSC every year for the post of Engineers for the superior posts.
-CDS is conducted twice in a year for the posts like Executive, Engineers etc to join defense.

-->UPSC conducts many exams like Civil Service(IAS/ IPS/ IFS etc.) for Civil service aspirants.

-->Eligibility
-Citizen of India
-Should be a Graduate
-Age Limit - 21-30 yrs
-Some post require Physical qualifications.

-->Examination Process
-Preliminary Exam
-Main Written Exam
-Interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?