21st October 2015, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between Archaeology and Ancient History? In which subject i should do graduation?

I want to know about the difference between the Archaeology and Ancient History. So please guide me regarding this and tell me about the best subject among two for graduation?

Related Questions:
  1. Courses of Paleontology and Archeology in India? I am a student of 12th board exam
  2. Kuvempu University, M.A. in History And Archaeology-History of Modern Europe Exam - Download Previous Year's Question Papers
  3. Kuvempu University, M.A. in history and Archaeology-History of Ancient India upto 1200 AD Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  4. Can I study Archaeology in Post Graduation if completed B.Tech(ECE)? Basic difference between M.Phil and M.A.?
  5. Can science students opt Archaeology for graduation?
  6. Is Archaeology Diploma course available to study for B.A.(History) final year student?
  7. How may I get information about the combination of social study teacher(TGT) in Kendriya Vidyalaya?
  8. Am I eligible for Archeology after completing 12th and after doing B.Tech? Which courses should I take up?
  9. What is the TNPSC syllabus for B.E civil engineering students?
  10. What is the syllabus for TNPSC for Civil Engineers?
  11. Is it a must to take history as a subject in 12th?
  12. Guidance for pursuing PG in Archaeology?
  13. Possibility to study PhD in Archaeology for M.A.(History) postgraduate?
  14. Can i apply for PGT Commerce/Economics in KVS/NV/Haryana/Delhi after qualifying M.Com in Economics Administration and Financial Management
  15. What is the syllabus for the entrance exam for admission in CFTRI Mysore for MSc?
  16. Previous paper of ancient history for entrance exam of ma of jnu? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Universities offering B.Ed distance course in Bengali for M.A Ancient History subject? Contact details of the universities?
  18. List of the distance universities offering Ph.D in Archaeology for M.A. in History and Heritage Management degree holder?
31st October 2015, 02:37 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the difference between Archaeology and Ancient History? In which subject i should do graduation?

Archaeology deals with the study of things from history and also is related to the things that is buried and the process of discovering those things.
Ancient History deals with History from very long time back and does not deal with the study of recovering things that is buried.
This is the main difference between the two subjects.
The choice depends on you but if getting a job is your main criteria then Ancient History is a better choice than Archaeology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?