23rd April 2016, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

What is the graduation percentage an stream required to become an IPS officer in the future?

Dear Sir/Mam,
I don't know graduation percentage for IPS and syllabus requirement of IPS. Please detail me. It will be really helpful if you can provide me the complete details on this soon as possible. Awaiting for the answer. Thanks!
Thank you
kamal kishor

24th April 2016, 12:37 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the graduation percentage an stream required to become an IPS officer in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Mam,
I don't know graduation percentage for IPS and syllabus requirement of IPS. Please detail me. It will be really helpful if you can provide me the complete details on this soon as possible. Awaiting for the answer. Thanks!
Thank you
kamal kishor
Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IPS exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

I have attached the syllabus for IPS exam so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR IPS EXAM.pdf(11.7 KB, 11 views)
24th April 2016, 12:43 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the graduation percentage an stream required to become an IPS officer in the future?

There is no such percentage criteria required to appear in IPS Recruitment Examination. The basic eligibility criteria required to appear in IPS Recruitment Examination is "Graduation" or a Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

<> Main Criteria Required - Graduation PASS

In order to join Indian Police Service (IPS), you are required to write CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

** Part A - Objective Type (There are two Papers namely Paper I and Paper II)

** Part B - Descriptive Type (There are two Papers namely Paper III and Paper IV)

Paper I Syllabus: General Science, General Issues, Current Affairs, Indian Polity and Governance, History, Indian National Movement, Economic and Social Development, Indian Polity, Indian and World Geography.

Paper II Syllabus: General Mental Ability, Comprehension, Decision Making, Logical Reasoning, Interpersonal Skills, English Comprehension, Basic Numeracy.

Paper III Syllabus: Precis Writing, Comprehension, Paragraphs Writing, Usage and Vocabulary.

Paper IV Syllabus: Syllabus is vast. Questions can be answered either in English or Hindi. Questions may cover the syllabus which is there for Paper I.
24th April 2016, 01:24 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and for recruitment as an Officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university with passing percentage. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, after bachelor degree you are eligible to appear for examination but have to qualify in all stages of examination for final selection for service. To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th April 2016, 11:58 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service. For recruitment you have to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination. The examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for Civil Services examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing in final year from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation of 3 years and 5 years in upper age limit for OBC and SC/ST.

There is no minimum required aggregate to appear for examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview. Candidates are eligible for final recruitment after qualifying in each stages.

To get syllabus for examination visit at official website www.upsc.gov.in.
24th April 2016, 09:51 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Mam,
Thank you
kamal kishor
There is no percentage of marks required to become an IPS Officer. You have to appear for civil services examination to become an IPS Officer. The eligibility to appear for Civil Services Examination is a passing in graduation in any stream from a recognized university. The examinations are conducted by UPSC. There are Preliminary Examinations, Mains Examinations and Interview for the selection. You have to clear the Preliminary examination first to appear for Mains examination. The UPSC website link is Official website.
15th June 2016, 07:43 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Here there isn't any percentage criteria mentioned by UPSC on the notification of the exam.
For applying for IPS exam You just need a degree in any stream from a recognized university.
Therefore, don't worry about the percentage of marks in graduation and be prepared for the exam. UPSC conducts Civil Services Exam and you have to apply for it for becoming an IPS officer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?