14th October 2016, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

What kind of benefits are available for a candidate through B.A.(Home Science)?

I want to get admission for B.A.(Home Science) after my 12th Arts. Is it beneficial for me? If yes, then kindly tell me what are the benefits I will get through this course?

15th October 2016, 08:46 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What kind of benefits are available for a candidate through B.A.(Home Science)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to get admission for B.A.(Home Science) after my 12th Arts. Is it beneficial for me? If yes, then kindly tell me what are the benefits I will get through this course?
Home science has its own career scope and it helps to gain various skills such as housekeeping, food preservation, stitching, interior decoration, cookery, home decoration, child rearing, etc. Once, after completing B.Sc in Home science course you can find job opportunity in various fields such as,

- Teaching Jobs
- Research Related jobs or
- Technical Job etc.

You can also apply for the Higher degree course such as,
  • Masters of Science in Nutrition and Food Processing
  • Master of Science in Textiles and Fashion Apparel
  • Master of Science in Social Work
  • Master of Science in Plant Physiology & Ecology
  • Master of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics
  • Master of Science in Human Development
  • Master of Science in Hospital Administration
  • Master of Science in Home Science - Extension Education
15th October 2016, 11:41 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of benefits are available for a candidate through B.A.(Home Science)?

Bachelor of Arts in Home Science is an undergraduate professional course which is 3 years long. There are lots of benefits in this studying this course.

You can get jobs in food production departments, dress making departments, specialized cooking departments etc. You can opt for jobs in hotels, food industries, fashion designing and many more.

You can enter into the research field of villagers, farmers and also on the food value of some food items. Or you can go for sales jobs like promotion of food items. Supervising is another part of your employment. You can maintain and supervise the housekeeping departments in resorts, hotels, restaurants etc.

Last but not the least you can also go for a respected teaching job. You can become a teacher in schools and can teach in different coaching centres.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?