27th April 2015, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

What should I do to prepare for IAS examination after completion of MA English graduation?

Sir/Mam,
My question is i want to become an IAS officer. How can I prepare for this....? I completed graduation and at present running MA.ENGLISH. I have no knowledge for this preparing and no study material. What should I do now? Can someone please help me?

Related Questions:
  1. How to improve English and how to prepare for other papers for Civil Services Examination?
  2. How should I prepare to become an IAS Officer being a candidate having completed Graduation and pursuing MA in English? How to get study materials to prepare for this Exam?
  3. Which subjects should I choose to prepare for IAS after completion of MBA in HR? Does this a good choice to prepare for IAS after completion of MBA?
  4. Best possible subjects combination for me in graduation? I want to apply for IAS later
  5. After b.tech should I go for IAS ?
  6. Way to do LLB after completion of English honours?
  7. Study material to be referred for IAS entrance exam? How to prepare for it?
  8. Can I get into IAS after completing graduation in B.A from English Honors
  9. Can I do my B.Ed from English if it was not a subject during my graduation? How to prepare for TGT?
  10. Can I apply for IAS examination after diploma ? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Which will be most preferred field for graduation to become an IAS Officer?
  12. How to prepare myself for the Post Graduation Entrance Examination of Jwaharlal Nehru University for English Literature?
  13. How to join IAF after passing 12th class in PCM with 60%
  14. How can I prepare for IAS entrance exam? I have completed graduation
  15. Am I eligible for IAS examination after completion of B.Sc.Environmental science?What's the admission procedure for the same?
  16. How can I prepare for IAS examination? I am a MCA student
  17. Is it possible to start IAS preparation along with Graduation course?
  18. How to prepare for IAS examination? I am a student of PCB
27th April 2015, 06:14 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do to prepare for IAS examination after completion of MA English graduation?

That is very good know that you are a beginner because a beginner can prepare well and better than a candidate having knowledge of preparation because beginner is just like a blank CD, and whatever the uploader, uploads the CD easily acquires and accept without any problem and that is the situation with yours so I would say that you need a particular and proper guidance from experts and other persons who have been in preparation and preparing for the past two - three years because they know what and how to prepare.

So my first suggestion to you is that, you must go to any coaching of IAS examination nearby your area or may be in another city but must join a coaching and do find at least 3-4 coaching centers to consider one better of them because you have to find a one best coaching that can not be seen easily so go to many coaching centers.

The best way to choose is that meet students and get their feedback and results in past exams appeared so they will tell you everything and compare all then join any one and start attending classes.

When you get time in coaching then meet your senior students who have been preparing for IAS exam for more than a year and request them that you are a junior and having no knowledge how to prepare and what should you use in preparation so they will definitely help you in this situation.

Ask them how many times they have appeared for examination and failed ? and focus on their mistakes that why they were failed because there is a particular reason behind failure so you must learn from mistakes to get success.

When you complete your entire syllabus in coaching in few months then you must meet the teachers personally and ask them to use which books for practice so you can get practiced well under the guidance and must attend every single test of the coaching center because that is the most important thing in preparation and once you start getting good marks in test then you can qualify PT easily.

You should also focus on Aptitude test because only Aptitude makes people behind in exam when General Knowledge does not matters much but Aptitude test is a scoring subject so work for it and give about 8 hours everyday for preparation only.

Drop your all other works if you are serious about preparation because you have to give up everything to become IAS and be faithful to you preparation because there must be nothing between you and your target then only you can achieve and keep yourself testing and comparing with other previous students that what is the difference of preparation level between them and you so you can work harder to beat them and get selected.
27th April 2015, 09:22 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to prepare for IAS examination after completion of MA English graduation?

First and fore most thing you need to do is try to concentrate on the Syllabus and get a correct pattern of Prelims and Mains of Civil's Examination.

And then you can chose the Coaching center which will provide you the information of the syllabus and the Pattern.

Besides this you need to take your own preparation otherwise it will be very tougher for you. You must take a notes of most important topics which will be useful for both Prelims and Mains Examination.

Here we are providing you the Top coaching centers for Civils Examination.

List of Coaching Centers for Civil's :

1.Classic IAS Academy

2.IMS Institute of Mathematical science

3.Vedanta IAS Academy

4.Brilliant Tutorials

5.Elite Academy ,Mumbai

6.Chanakya IAS Academy

7.Brain Tree India,Hyderabad

8. TIME Institute

9.Career Point

10.Career Launcher

11.Khan Study Group.
27th April 2015, 10:28 PM
Ashwakh

For the IAS exam , you should be well prepared in all the following subjects.

1) Indian History
> Modern indian by Bipin chandra.
> History of Modern Indian by A.C.Benerjee

2) Geography
> NCERT Books ( XI and XII)
> Economics and commercial geography of india by Sharma and cotinho

3) Indian economy
> NCERT Books
> Evolution of indian economy by IC Dhingra
> Indian economy by Mishra and Puri

4) Indian Polity
> NCERT Books on Indian political system
> Indian Consititution by D.D. Basu
> Indian consititution by P.M.Bakshi

5) General science
> Tata Mc Graw hill Guide
> Science and Technology in India by Spectrum

6) Current affairs

7) Mental Aility
> Quantitative aptitude by R.S.Aggarwal

8) Data interpretation

9) English comprehension and communication
> Objective General english by R.S.Aggarwal

10) Logical Reasoning
> A modern approach to verbal reasoning by R.S.Aggarwal
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?