26th May 2023, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

After the completion of MCom can I do phd in Mathematics?

27th May 2023, 02:04 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After the completion of MCom can I do phd in Mathematics?

The eligibility criteria to do Ph.D. in Mathematics is that you must have completed MSc Degree in Mathematics with a minimum of 60% score from any recognized university.

So, you are not eligible to do Ph.D. course in Mathematics.
27th May 2023, 06:21 PM
Shantanubose22

If you have completed your Master's in any field you are eligible for a PhD application. You require a minimum 55% marks and some might ask you for an M. Phil. but with time this requirement is reducing.
28th May 2023, 06:50 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do PhD In Mathematics as ,you have done post graduate degree in any field from a recognised university with minimum 55%marks.
28th May 2023, 10:05 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after completing an MCom (Master of Commerce) degree, it is possible to pursue a Ph.D. in Mathematics.

However, there are a few factors to consider before embarking on a Ph.D. program in Mathematics, especially if your background is in commerce.

1. Prerequisites: Mathematics Ph.D. programs typically require a strong foundation in mathematics.

2. Research Potential: Ph.D. programs in Mathematics focus heavily on research. Admission into a Ph.D. program often requires demonstrating your aptitude for research in mathematics.

3. Bridge Courses: Depending on the specific program and your background, you may be required to take bridge courses to fill any gaps in your mathematical knowledge.

4. Advisor and Research Area: Finding an advisor who is willing to guide you in your Ph.D. research in mathematics is crucial.

Overall, while it is possible to pursue a Ph.D. in Mathematics after completing an MCom degree, you may need to fulfill additional prerequisites and bridge courses to strengthen your mathematical foundation.
29th May 2023, 03:01 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

The candidate can do PhD after completing MCom but the candidate should have scored atleast 55% marks in graduation and post graduation from any university. The candidate should have completed post graduation in relevant subject. Admission to PhD program is through admission test.
29th May 2023, 04:51 PM
Msdhoni02

1. Yes, you can but you must have post graduation in relevant subjects from any university.

2. GPA: A minimum grade point average (GPA) is often required, typically ranging from 3.0 to 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.

3. Mathematical knowledge.

4. Letters of Recommendation.

5. Statements of Purpose.
29th May 2023, 05:14 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to pursue a Ph.D. in Mathematics after completing an M.Com (Master of Commerce) degree.

To pursue a Ph.D. in Mathematics, you may need to fulfill certain prerequisites, such as completing additional coursework or exams to ensure you have the necessary mathematical background. It's advisable to check the specific admission requirements of the universities or institutions where you plan to apply for the Ph.D. program to understand their prerequisites and application process.

Remember to thoroughly research potential Ph.D. programs, reach out to professors or advisors in the mathematics department at your desired institutions, and seek guidance from them regarding your eligibility and the steps you need to take to pursue a Ph.D. in Mathematics after completing your M.Com degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?