28th October 2022, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for both UGC and CSIR net exam being a M.Sc (Microbiology) graduate?

I have completed M.Sc in microbiology. I want to know that whether i am eligible for both UGC & CSIR exam or not?

31st October 2022, 03:42 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for both UGC and CSIR net exam being a M.Sc (Microbiology) graduate?

Yes, your are eligible for both exam. Eligibility criteria for msc students says that candidates from general (UR) / general-EWS and OBC must hold an M.Sc. or equivalent degree with at least 55% marks in order to be eligible for CSIR UGC NET. So if you fulfil the eligibility criteria then you would be eligible for csir net and UGC exam
2nd November 2022, 09:49 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for both UGC and CSIR net exam being a M.Sc (Microbiology) graduate?

Candidates willing to apply for CSIR UGC exam must possess MSc or equivalent degree , Integrated BS -MS /BS 4 years /BE/B.tech /B pharma /MBBS with atleast 55% marks to be eligible to apply for exam.

5% relaxation in marks is provided to reserved categories.
When one is applying, one has to choose among 5 streams:-
Physical science
Mathematical science
Chemical science
Earth science
Life science
Exam is held twice a year I.e June and December.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?