20th April 2015, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Tech course?

I have completed M.Tech through non gate in GITAM Visakhapatnam, pl clarify am i eligible for Part time Ph.D? Can someone give me the complete information which is required for the same? Am not sure if I can really apply for the course or not.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Phd in Psychology after completion of M.D in Homeo? -- [New]
  2. Doing M.Tech from VIT organized by Cognizant makes me eligible for PhD?
  3. Procedure to apply for Distance PhD(Computer Science) for M.Tech(CSE) student?
  4. Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student
  5. Am I eligible for PhD after completion of MBA and CA-Articleship? Universities offering PhD in external or distance mode?
  6. Eligibility for M.Tech, M.Tech (Res) and PhD in IITs?
  7. Can i do Ph.D in reputed US universities?
  8. Which is better between Ph.D and M.Tech after completing MCA, M.Phil
  9. Names of the good companies in which I can get after B.Tech Electronics and Communication?
  10. PHD in ECE without Gate score card or CSIR UGC NET score?
  11. How may I do Ph.D without doing M.Tech? How may I get details for the same?
  12. IISC and PhD
  13. Whether GATE is mandatory for admission in PhD course at IISC, Bangalore?
  14. Am I eligible for placements after M.tech in the companies that are coming for B.Tech recruitment in my college? I have scored above 70% marks in both year of M.Tech?
  15. Colleges in south India which provide Mtech or integrated PhD in Mtech in elctromagnetics, Control systms, Signals and systems engineering
  16. Eligibility for Associate Professor in colleges after PhD and Masters from distance mode?
  17. Marks required to do M.Tech after MCA? Eligibility?
  18. Eligibility for Ph.D after B.Sc (Computers) and M.Sc (IT)? M.Phil necessary? Does M.Tech help before Ph.D? -- [Most Discussed]
20th April 2015, 03:09 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Tech course?

You can apply for admission in Ph.D program if you have got at least 55% marks in your M.Tech program but candidates who have got GATE/NET/SLET/JRF scores are preferred for admission in top Institutes.

Hence, you can get admission but the quality of the Institute is not confirmed if you don't have any of the above scores. You can also apply for other entrance exams like CUCET, PET and other state level entrance exam for Ph.D admission. You might get admission in any University but for that you have to apply for admission in a many Universities across India. Hence, you can try and hope for the best.
21st April 2015, 12:02 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Tech course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed M.Tech through non gate in GITAM Visakhapatnam, pl clarify am i eligible for Part time Ph.D? Can someone give me the complete information which is required for the same? Am not sure if I can really apply for the course or not.
You have completed M.Tech degree so you are eligible for Ph.D degree.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

1)Those candidates who have completed post graduation degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

2)There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.

Note:- UGC NET/CSIR NET/GATE score is essential for Ph.D course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?