27th August 2015, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.d in Mathematics right after completion of B.Tech ECE in IIT?

Am I eligible to do Ph.d in Mathematics right after completion of B.Tech ECE in IIT? Can someone give me the right answer on the same? I wanted to know the eligibility criteria for it? Awaiting for the answer now for a long time. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. How may I do Ph.D course in Mathematics? I'm studing in 12th standard
  2. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after B.E.(CSE)? List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics?
  3. Candidates who are having B.Tech, PGDM or M.L.L. & L.W. Degrees are eligible to do PhD in Mathematics?
  4. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after completing MS in Computer Science?
  5. Best institute to pursue Aeronautical Engineering? What are the career prospects?
  6. How to be an astronaut after 12th commerce with Maths?
  7. Am I eligible to do M.Sc Ph.D integration course in Mathematics in IIT after completion of B.Tech Biotechnology?
  8. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  9. Am I eligible for Assistant Professor of Mathematics while doing PhD?
  10. Universities offering Ph.D just after B.Tech in ECE?
  11. Am I eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi after MCA? Is MCA equivalent to PhD?
  12. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  13. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  14. Can I get admission to study PhD(Mathematics) in IIT-Mumbai if secured 159 rank in GATE?
  15. Am I eligible for Pilot Training course after completion of B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Am I eligible to do B.Tech in CSE after completion of diploma in ECE?
  17. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics if having 28 years of Teaching experience after Post Graduation in Mathematics?
  18. Am I eligible to take admission in I.I.T after completion of diploma course?
27th August 2015, 11:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.d in Mathematics right after completion of B.Tech ECE in IIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do Ph.d in Mathematics right after completion of B.Tech ECE in IIT? Can someone give me the right answer on the same? I wanted to know the eligibility criteria for it? Awaiting for the answer now for a long time. Thank you!
After completion of B.Tech in ECE from IIT, you are not eligible for Ph.D course in Mathematics.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course in Mathematics:-

Those candidates who have completed M.Sc degree in Mathematics from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D in Mathematics.

Your age should be above 18 years.

You must have valid UGC NET/GATE/CSIR NET score.
28th August 2015, 10:33 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.d in Mathematics right after completion of B.Tech ECE in IIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry that you are not eligible for PhD in Mathematics after completing B.Tech in ECE. Post Graduation with a minimum of 55% marks is the qualification required for PhD programme. Those having qualified national level examinations like CSIR-NET, GATE, SET, GPAT, and ICMR are exempted from attending the entrance test. So I suggest you to complete Master Degree in Mathematics subject or other requivalent to be eligible for PhD in Mathematics course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?