1st June 2015, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do pursue Ph.D with masters degree from IGNOU?

Am I eligible to do pursue Ph.D with masters degree from IGNOU? What would be the minimum eligibility criteria they will ask for? Can someone please provide me the information on this soon as possible? I really wanted to understand the criteria and apply for the course.

1st June 2015, 12:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do pursue Ph.D with masters degree from IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do pursue Ph.D with masters degree from IGNOU? What would be the minimum eligibility criteria they will ask for? Can someone please provide me the information on this soon as possible? I really wanted to understand the criteria and apply for the course.
Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course in Mathematics:-

Those candidates who have completed M.Sc in Mathematics with above 55% marks are eligible to do Ph.D in IGNOU.

There is no age criteria.

If you have GATE/ NET score then you are exempted from entrance exam.
1st June 2015, 04:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, IGNOU degree is considered valid for Ph.D admission if you fulfill all other criteria related to admission. The minimum qualification for Ph.D admission in a Master's degree with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. For candidates who belong to reserved category 50% marks is required after relaxation of 5% marks.

Even IGNOU offers Ph.D admission in most of the subjects, therefore, you can apply for admission the same university if you don't have any problem. If possible clear exams like NET/SLET/GATE/JRF because candidates with these scores are considered for admission in top Institutes of the country.
1st June 2015, 07:25 PM
Jaya Santosh Singh

Yes, you are eligible to do persue PhD after masters degree from IGNOU.The minimum qualification for PhD admission in a masters degree with atleast 55% from a recognized university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?