2nd March 2017, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission for Ph.D in IIT or NIT after scoring 45 marks in GATE?

Am I eligible to get admission for Ph.D in IIT or NIT after scoring 45 marks in GATE? Can you pleas give me the right answer for the same? What is the minimum criteria for it? Hope that I will get the answer soon on this. Thank you!

Related Questions:
3rd March 2017, 09:27 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission for Ph.D in IIT or NIT after scoring 45 marks in GATE?

As you have mentioned that you have scored 45 marks in GATE and you want to get admission in IIT or NIT for Ph.D, so regarding that I want to say that the admission depends upon the cut off marks which is set by the institute itself and it changes every year depending on different institutes. The ct off marks mainly depends on the following factors:

> NUmber of candidates appearing for the examination

> Number of seats available

> Difficulty level of the paper

Therefore, if you fulfill the cut off marks of the institute then you will be eligible to get admission in IIT or NIT to pursue Ph.D.
4th March 2017, 12:11 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission for Ph.D in IIT or NIT after scoring 45 marks in GATE?

It is very difficult to provide you the cut off marks to take admission for the Ph.D course under IITs or NITs as the cut off marks changes every year. Only merit marks candidates get chance to study Ph.D course under IITs or NITs. However, you must apply for the Ph.D course under IITs or NITs after qualifying the above mentioned examination to check whether you get chance or not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?