15th April 2015, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study PhD in Earth Science if pursuing M.Sc in Geography?

Hello,
I am studying in M.Sc in Geography and
I want to do PhD in Earth Science. Please let
me know I am eligible for doing PhD in Earth Science?
Please reply as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Universities in India which offer Part time PhD in Geography?
  2. Can I study PhD in Earth Science/Geology with scholarship in Abroad if completed M.Sc(Applied Geology) with 7.67 CGPA?
  3. Am I eligible to study PhD if pursuing 2nd year of M.Sc(Physics)?
  4. Am I eligible to appear for CSIR NET in earth science after completing masters degree in Arts, Geography
  5. Am I eligible to apply for CSIR NET in earth science? I am doing MSc environmental science
  6. List of universities which offer PhD in Earth Science? Entrance exam and requirements to get admission?
  7. Eligibility to study PhD in Forensic Science for M.Sc(Nursing) candidate? List of institutes in Maharashtra?
  8. Am I eligible to do Ph.d from any government university after finishing MSc in Geography
  9. Am I eligible to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA from SMU?
  10. Information regarding Ph.D course? I am currently pursuing MSc Ag. Seed Science and Technology
  11. Am I eligible to pursue M.Sc in Forestry or Agriculture being a candidate of pursuing B.Sc in Earth Science? What should I do to join these courses?
  12. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  13. How to do Ph.D while pursuing MSc IT from Kannurul University in distance mode
  14. Study center of IGNOU in Kolkata where MSc in Geography is available. -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Topics to study for PhD in Earth Science entrance test of Hyderabad University?
  16. PhD in Geography is possible after M.Com?
  17. Am I eligible for MSc Geography after doing B.E in Computer Science? Universities providing the course? Which are the distance learning centers?
  18. Should I have to study M.Phil after M.Sc if want to pursue PhD in Economics?
22nd April 2015, 11:02 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to study PhD in Earth Science if pursuing M.Sc in Geography?

Yes of course, you are absolutely eligible to apply for Ph.D Earth Science. To get admission in Ph.D course, you need to crack the entrance examination, which is conducted by their respective university. Minimum Educational Qualification to apply for Ph.D course is that candidate should have completed Master degree from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. The candidate must have obtained at least 55% marks for general candidates and 50% marks for reserved categories. Final year of master degree course may also apply for Ph.D entrance examination. The notification will be published in the month of January/February in the official website of respective university. The period of notification and examination will differs from university to university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?