25th December 2021, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to teach in department of English without PhD having a double MA in English?

I m Graduate in English language,my post graduation in linguistics and my phd in Linguistics. I have a double M.A in English literature which I have done after my phd in linguistics. I want to ask that am I eligible to teach in degree colleges as an assistant professor in English as Universities has itnroduced English language as compulsory subject in undergraduation and M.A too have linguistics as an optional paper? please reply soon!!

26th December 2021, 07:34 PM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: Am I eligible to teach in department of English without PhD having a double MA in English?

Am I eligible to teach in the department of English without Ph.D. having a double MA in English?

The qualifications required for an English teacher to teach in CBSE schools are:
Bachelor of Arts(B.A. with English as major subject) + B.Ed. ( Bachelor of Education)for the post of PRT or TGT.
You should have M.A. (English ).
26th December 2021, 10:36 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to teach in department of English without PhD having a double MA in English?

Aspirants need to possess a master's degree to be eligible to pursue a PhD programme. Candidates can pursue a PhD programme in any stream. In a PhD course aspirants need to select a topic or a subject and do in-depth research on it and answer any queries related to the topic/ subject.
26th December 2021, 11:18 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

In general, candidate need a master's degree in a subject in which they plan to teach.

Those who want to teach at college level need PhD degree.

Minimum eligibility criteria for Assistant professor , jrf or equivalent post in UGC approved university needs
Masters degree with 55%
SET/SLET qualified NET certificates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?