30th August 2018, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Is it beneficial to do PhD(Mathematics) for MPhil postgraduate?

Hi everyone, I want to do PhD(Mathematics) course. As I have done MPhil, so I think that this is a beneficial course for me. Am I right in this case? Should I do this course? Please suggest me. Waiting for your response!

7th September 2018, 08:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it beneficial to do PhD(Mathematics) for MPhil postgraduate?

If you are in academics field, then doing a Ph.D will definitely help your career. Just make sure you are already working as a teacher or lecturer in a recognized college.

In case, you are not working, then you should try to get admission at a reputed university, then only your Ph.D will help you to get a decent job.
11th September 2018, 12:58 AM
Anwesha Banerjee15

Default Re: Is it beneficial to do PhD(Mathematics) for MPhil postgraduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, I want to do PhD(Mathematics) course. As I have done MPhil, so I think that this is a beneficial course for me. Am I right in this case? Should I do this course? Please suggest me. Waiting for your response!
PhD is required if you are trying for the post of assistant professor. For candidates applying for CSC or PSC for assistant professor, it is an essential criteria to get through the interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?