10th October 2015, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for PhD entrance exams being an M.A. 2nd year student? Entrance exams to study PhD(History) in India?

Sir,
I am M.A. 2nd appearing student. Can I apply for PhD entrance exams now? I want to know all the entrance exams of PhD in India in the field of History?

Related Questions:
  1. Entrance exams to study PhD in English in India? Syllabus and requirements to apply?
  2. Entrance exams to study Integrated PhD in Physics in India?
  3. Integrated Phd in biological sciences: Colleges and Entrance Exams for this Course? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Is there any entrance exam available to study PhD in USA for Integrated Dual Degree B.Tech-M.Tech(Civil Engineering) 2nd year candidate? Can I get talent based scholarship to study?
  5. Entrance exams to do PhD in Political Science
  6. Entrance exams to give for PhD Abroad?
  7. Entrance exams to study PhD in Geology with Stipend in India?
  8. Procedure to apply for PhD entrance exams of various universities in India?
  9. Entrance exams to study M.Sc(Fisheries) with JRF in India?
  10. List of entrance exams for MBA program? Tips for preparation? Procedure to apply for MBA?
  11. Whether the pattern of mentioned PhD entrance exams are same?
  12. List of universities which offer PhD(English) course to M.A. postgraduate in India? Previous years question papers for Panjab University and JNU PhD entrance exams?
  13. List of universities which offer PhD(English) course to M.A. postgraduate in India? Previous years question papers for Panjab University and JNU PhD entrance exams?
  14. Entrance exams to study PhD in Chemistry with stipend in India?
  15. Colleges offering PhD in Social Work in India? Entrance exams to get admission?
  16. Should I have to study BBA to apply for MBA?
  17. Which are the entrance exams for Biology students/
  18. List of universities which offer PhD in Politics in India? Entrance exams to get admission?
18th October 2015, 01:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for PhD entrance exams being an M.A. 2nd year student? Entrance exams to study PhD(History) in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am M.A. 2nd appearing student. Can I apply for PhD entrance exams now? I want to know all the entrance exams of PhD in India in the field of History?
You are now in M.A in 2nd years of History so you are eligible for Ph.D course but you should qualify in UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?