10th November 2015, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a Professor/Lecturer without NET/SLET being a Biotechnology postgraduate?

Hi,
I have completed my M.Sc(Biotechnology) and I am planning to join PhD. Is it require to appear for the NET/SLET to become a Professor/Lecturer? If I complete my PhD then can I become a Professor/Lecturer without appearing NET/SLET?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get into academics after clearing NETSLET exam? Will my R&D experience count for appointment in universities?
  2. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Biotechnology for M.Sc in Biotechnology & Management postgraduate? Job opportunities after completing PhD in Biotechnology?
  3. What to opt after 12th biology other than mbbs?
  4. Am I eligible to study PhD in Biotechnology in Mysore University being a Veterinary Science postgraduate?
  5. BHU offers PhD in Biotechnology to M.Phil postgraduate?
  6. Which course should should I do after graduation?
  7. Job Opportunities after completion of Post Graduation in Biotechnology?
  8. Courses related to Biotechnology available to study in USA for M.Sc postgraduate?
  9. After doing BSc Chemistry which course can be done?
  10. Which companies offer jobs for freshers in Biotechnology Research Fields? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Procedure to pursue PhD in Plant Biotechnology with scholarship in Abroad for M.Sc postgraduate?
  12. Possibility to study MBBS in Abroad for M.Sc(Biotechnology) postgraduate?
  13. Is IIT better for M.Sc in Chemistry compared to JNU and DU?
  14. When the notification of UGC-NET(Biotechnology) will be released? Eligibility to apply for M.Sc postgraduate? -- [New]
  15. Possibility to study PhD in Biotechnology in Newzealand being a Postgraduate? Admission procedure and fee expenses?
  16. Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs?
  17. B.Tech (Biotechnology) of 4 years duration is equivalent to M.Sc or Post graduation?
  18. Which is the best course after BSc Microbiology?
22nd November 2015, 01:19 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Professor/Lecturer without NET/SLET being a Biotechnology postgraduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I have completed my M.Sc(Biotechnology) and I am planning to join PhD. Is it require to appear for the NET/SLET to become a Professor/Lecturer? If I complete my PhD then can I become a Professor/Lecturer without appearing NET/SLET?
You have M.Sc in Biotechnology so you are eligible for Professor/Lecturer without NET/SLET but you must completed Ph.D degree.

Those candidates who have completed M.Sc degree in with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course.
7th December 2020, 02:02 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I become a Professor/Lecturer without NET/SLET being a Biotechnology postgraduate?

Can you get a professor job in a private college after 65 with a PhD in Physics?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?