12th August 2014, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I clear JRF and do PhD at the age of 32 years having 10 years of Teaching experience?

I completed my msc in chemistry in 2000 .i cleared net in 2001,i couldnt do phd but i have 10 yrs of teaching experience.now i want to clear JRF and want to do phd,my age is 32 yrs,guide me please

30th October 2014, 10:26 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I clear JRF and do PhD at the age of 32 years having 10 years of Teaching experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my msc in chemistry in 2000 .i cleared net in 2001,i couldnt do phd but i have 10 yrs of teaching experience.now i want to clear JRF and want to do phd,my age is 32 yrs,guide me please

Your age is now 32 years old so as per your age criteria you are not eligible for UGC NET in JRF post but you are eligible lectureship post.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET Exam is masters degree from recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET Exam.

There is no age criteria for NET Exam but for JRF your age should be below 28 years.

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in
30th October 2014, 11:21 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I clear JRF and do PhD at the age of 32 years having 10 years of Teaching experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my msc in chemistry in 2000 .i cleared net in 2001,i couldn't do phd but i have 10 yrs of teaching experience.now i want to clear JRF and want to do phd,my age is 32 yrs,guide me please
Yes, you are elgiible for Phd course. There are is no age limit for Phd course. But, you are ineligible to apply for JRF Post. You have passed master degree course and below the age of 28 years. Since, you have reached 32 years so you are ineligible to apply for JRF exam. You have chance to take in Lecturer post through UGC NET entrance exam. There is no age limit needed for Lectureship.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?