11th August 2022, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I directly go for PhD in Chemistry after BSc?

After bsc in zbc can I directly go for PhD in chemistry and after PhD which couse can k do for become scientist.

12th August 2022, 12:32 AM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I directly go for PhD in Chemistry after BSc?

No, for PhD candidates must have a post graduate degree with minimum 55%marks from a recognized university.

Candidates also have to appear in the entrance exam called GATE, NET and SLET.

The duration of this course is 3 years.
12th August 2022, 06:25 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

As per the recent directives of the (UGC), students who complete a four-year UG degree would be able to directly apply for pursuing a PhD degree in their desired choice of course. To get more details regarding this, you can check it on Google.
13th August 2022, 11:19 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes, you can pursue an Integrated Ph.D. after doing a BSc. There is a difference between a regular Ph.D. and Integrated Ph.D. If you want to do a regular Ph.D., the minimum qualification required for this course is an MSc degree. Without that, you can’t apply for it. The course duration is a minimum three years and maximum 5 years. While the candidates can apply for an Integrated Ph.D. right after completing their graduation and the duration of this course is 5 years.

The regular Ph.D. course is more time-consuming as the candidate needs to appear in two exams, one for Msc or masters and one for Ph.D. while the Integrated Ph.D. course is less time-consuming as one needs to write the entrance exam once after graduation. The Integrated Ph.D. is a research program and it is mainly for Science and engineering and Technology courses.
13th August 2022, 07:00 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Ofcourse not, for PhD aspirants have to complete their masters degree from a recognized university can do PhD.

Minimum marks required 55%.

Duration of this course is 3 years.
14th August 2022, 12:57 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

For getting admission in PhD chemistry, it's important for a candidate to have completed their masters in relevant subject or equivalent stream from a recognised board with atleast 60% and above marks.

Thus masters degree is must without which admission is not possible.

Some colleges also ask for National level entrance exam like
UGC NET
CSIR UGC NET
NET JRF
M.phil

Otherwise they have to appear for university level entrance exam and interview for admission.
14th August 2022, 02:11 PM
Msdhoni02

1. No, you can not pursue PhD Chemistry after BSc.

2. You should have completed post graduation from any recognised university.

3. Admission to this course is based on the entrance test that is conducted by the university itself.
15th August 2022, 11:55 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue an integrated PhD after completing your BSc. There is a difference between a regular PhD and an integrated PhD. If you want to do a regular PhD the minimum qualification required for this course is an MSc degree without that you can't apply for it. The integrated PhD course is less time-consuming as you need to write an entrance examination after graduation and the duration of this course is 5 years.
15th August 2022, 09:46 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, I can say that you may not be able to pursue PhD after completion of just B.Sc Bachelor of Science course.

The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for pursuing PhD course is Masters Degree course in the concerned discipline.

Hence, I suggest you to pursue Masters Degree to study PhD course. Also you are required to appear in entrance examination conducted by the concerned college or institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?