24th January 2019, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD(English) with MPhil(Education) and MA(English) Degrees without entrance exam?

Hi friends, I did my MA in English but MPhil in Education. Now, I am interested to study PhD in English but without appearing in any kind of entrance exam. So, I would like to know about that can I study or not?

31st January 2019, 12:14 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD(English) with MPhil(Education) and MA(English) Degrees without entrance exam?

It is not mandatory to appear for an entrance exam to study PhD(English) with MPhil(Education) and MA(English) Degrees. In cases if the candidates have already cleared an entrance examination for pursuing M.Phil., then it is not mandatory to appear for an entrance exam for the Ph.D. program. Selection of the candidates is based on the performance in the personal interview.
31st January 2019, 06:03 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD(English) with MPhil(Education) and MA(English) Degrees without entrance exam?

Yes, definitely you can pursue PhD in English if you have Masters course in English that is M.A. in English from a recognised University of our country with at least 55% marks and relaxation of 5% is given to reserved category students.
If you will apply for PhD on the basis of your masters course then you will have to appear in UGC NET examination whereas if we you apply for PhD in English program on the basis of your M Phil degree then you need not to appear in any entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?