25th October 2018, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD in Horticulture if pursue MSc in Agriculture?

Sir, I am studying BSc in Agriculture. I am a student of 2nd year from Mumbai University. I want to do PhD in Horticulture. I am interested to become an Organic Chemistry. So, if I do MSc in Agriculture after my BSc then I can apply for Horticulture PhD program or not?

31st October 2018, 05:42 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in Horticulture if pursue MSc in Agriculture?

According to my knowledge, you are not eligible to study PhD Horticulture after completing M.Sc Agriculture.

Eligibility criteria to study PhD Horticulture are as follows:-
Candidate must have qualified their post-graduation in Horticulture with at least 55% aggregate from a recognised university.
31st October 2018, 07:40 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue PhD in Horticulture if you have completed your masters course in agriculture because it is under rule that the candidate must have completed the masters course in the same field in which he or she wants to pursue PhD.
1st November 2018, 01:10 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study PhD in Horticulture if pursue MSc in Agriculture. Candidate having MSc in Horticulture or any allied discipline with minimum 55% marks from any recognized university are eligible. The candidates are selected based on the entrance exam conducted by the respective university.*
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?