27th November 2016, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Chances to do Ph.D in Geology if studied as an extra subject in graduation?

Hello sir, I have completed BA in Geography honors and Geology as an other subject. Currently I am studying MA in Geography. Can I do Ph.D in Geology? What are the chances for it? Where can I go for it?

Related Questions:
29th November 2016, 06:11 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Chances to do Ph.D in Geology if studied as an extra subject in graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have completed BA in Geography honors and Geology as an other subject. Currently I am studying MA in Geography. Can I do Ph.D in Geology? What are the chances for it? Where can I go for it?

Sorry, there is no chance to do PhD in Geology if studied as an extra subject in graduation. Candidates with Master’s Degree in Geology with at least 55% marks are eligible for the PhD in Geology program. Candidates with NET – JRF within the period of validity will be called for personal interview and admitted to PhD program based on their performance in the personal interview. The other candidates should appear for an entrance test and interview for the admission to PhD in Geology. So you are not eligible to do PhD in Geology.
30th November 2016, 11:11 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances to do Ph.D in Geology if studied as an extra subject in graduation?

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can do Ph.D in Geology after the completion of Masters degree in Geography.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in Geography from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in Geology.
You must have to apply in different Colleges offering the said course after qualifying in the NET examination to get admission under the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?