10th March 2015, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information, procedure to apply and fee structure of PhD in Mathematics program at Delhi University? Syllabus of PhD entrance exam in Delhi University?

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am doing M.Sc in Mathematics. I want information regarding PhD in Mathematics from Delhi university and I have no idea about any procedure to acquire the same. I want to know the syllabus of entrance exam of PhD in Mathematics and please also told me about the fees structure of DU.

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information and fee structure of PhD(HR) program in Kolhan University? Scope of PhD program in Human Resource?
  2. Registration procedure of Ph.D(Chemistry) program in Pune University? Detailed information, syllabus and date of Ph.D entrance exam?
  3. List of universities with fee structure which offer PhD course in Delhi? Procedure to get admission?
  4. Detailed information and procedure to apply for Ph.D program in Calcutta University for MBA(HR) student? Can I get scholarship?
  5. How may I join PhD program in Physics from Delhi university?
  6. Fee structure of PhD in Computer Science in any better university or college?
  7. PTU University PhD Mathematics entrance exam syllabus?
  8. Detailed information and examination date of Nagarjuna University PhD entrance exam? Course duration and fee of this course?
  9. Detailed information, syllabus, examination date and pattern of Pune University PhD entrance exam?
  10. Is there any entrance exam available for Ph.D in Nutrition and Dietetics in Delhi University? When the entrance exam will be held?
  11. How to get admission in Ph.D in Delhi University?
  12. Scholarship for PhD in English Literature? Which entrance exam to face for Delhi University?
  13. How and when can I apply for Ph.D programme in Loyola? What is the fee structure for the full time course? Is there any entrance exam available to get into Ph.D? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How to apply for PhD in Nutrition & Diabetics? Is there any entrance exam for it? Schedule of entrance exam?
  15. Detailed information about PhD(History) program in Calcutta University? Is there any scholarship available to study PhD?
  16. Whether PhD in Delhi University is UGC approved?
  17. Procedure to apply for PhD in Nutrition program in Bangalore University? Should I have to appear in any entrance exam?
  18. Colleges, entrance exam, duration, fee and application details for PhD in Management (HR)?
13th March 2015, 07:11 AM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: Detailed information, procedure to apply and fee structure of PhD in Mathematics program at Delhi University? Syllabus of PhD entrance exam in Delhi University?

PhD Mathematics Program at Delhi University.

* For PhD Program, the candidate must have obtained masters degree from the University of Delhi or any other recognized university, or any degree recognized equivalent mathematics or in an allied subjects.

* The PhD Program is governed by the Ordinance VI-B--Doctor of Philosophy(PhD) of university of Delhi. Admission to PhD Program depends upon the availability of Supervisors.

* The duration of PhD course is minimum 2 Years and maximum 5 Years.

* Admission to the PhD will be done on the basis of relative merits of the students performance at U.G and P.G Examinations and the written test.

To Get admission in PhD in Delhi University, the candidate must have to attend an Entrance Exam conducted by the university.

Syllabus for Entrance Exam :

The Entrance Exam paper consist of three sections.
Section I: Questions were based on the analysis.
Section II: Questions were based on Algebra.
Section III: Based on the Differential Equations and Mechanics.
13th March 2015, 11:41 AM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information, procedure to apply and fee structure of PhD in Mathematics program at Delhi University? Syllabus of PhD entrance exam in Delhi University?

Candidates who have completed their Master's in Mathematics or any equivalent education from a recognized university are eligible to apply for Ph.D(Mathematics) course at University of Delhi. And to apply for Ph.D(Mathematics) course, candidates should have minimum 55% of marks in his/her Master's degree.

Admission Procedure:-
You can apply for admission, through online by visiting its official website
http://admission.du.ac.in/pgadm/
Delhi University offers Ph.D(Mathematics) admissions on the basis of merit and depending upon the performance in the admission test.

Syllabus:-
You can download the syllabus of Ph.D entrance exam from the following attachment
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ph.D Mathematics Entrance test syllabus.pdf(82.8 KB, 121 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?