9th June 2016, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to get admission in IIT-Madras for PhD(Civil Engineering) program through GATE? Cutoff score required in GATE?

Can you please let me know about the eligibility criteria for getting admission in IIT-Madras for PhD program in Civil Engineering? Can I get admission through GATE? If yes, then how much cutoff scorecard is required?

Related Questions:
  1. Cutoff marks required in GATE to get admission in IISC or IIT? List of institutes for a candidate who has scored 350 marks in GATE?
  2. Mtech in IIT Madras through GATE score? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Marks required in GATE exam to get admission for M.Tech(Metallurgy) in IIT Madras? Cutoff marks of previous years GATE exam?
  4. Can I get admission in IIT Roorkee in earthquake engineering after scoring 313 score in GATE? How much is the GATE cutoff score?
  5. What is the GATE cutoff score for all the civil engineering subjects in IIT Roorkee and Madras for ST candidates?
  6. How many times can I appear for GATE exam? How much GATE score is required for admission in IIT Delhi or DCE?
  7. How much score is required in GATE in order to join IIT Madras for Naval Architecture(SC category)?
  8. Admission in IIT through GATE score? What is the GATE cutoff for BARC?
  9. What is the minimum GATE score required to enter into M.Tech Civil in IIT Madras?
  10. Can I get admission in M.Tech without appearing in GATE? Cutoff marks required in GATE to study M.Tech in any Government college/IIT?
  11. M.Tech from IIT, Delhi after GATE score 528? Procedure for admission?
  12. Minimum GATE score required to enter in IIT Madras for M.Tech civil engineering?
  13. Is it possible for me to enroll for direct Ph.D course in IIT madras after completion of MCA course in VIT?
  14. M.Tech admission in IIT: Required GATE SCORE & the optional subjects to be taken up in GATE
  15. Score required in 10th, 12th, Graduation and GATE for admission to NITs and IITs?
  16. Will I get a seat in IIT Madras after scoring 424 in GATE?
  17. How to apply for Ph.D using GATE score in life science?
  18. List of the IITs, NITs and other major universities which offer M.Tech program in Instrumentation Stream? Cutoff GATE score for each institute? For what all institutes can an Instrumentation student apply?
14th June 2016, 12:32 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get admission in IIT-Madras for PhD(Civil Engineering) program through GATE? Cutoff score required in GATE?

The eligibility criteria to apply for Ph.D in IIT-Madras is as follows:

* Candidate must have passed Masters degree in the relevant field with good academic record and must have valid GATE score. (OR)

* Candidate must have passed B.Tech from Centrally funded technically institute with minimum CGPA of 8.0 r through valid GATE score. (OR)

* Candidate must have passed Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology with 8 CGPA or equivalent from any other University and having a valid GATE score.

The cut off score varies every year and we cannot say the exact cut off. As the cut off marks is decided by the admission branch of IIT-Madras.

Below I have attached the prospectus of Ph.D
Attached Files
File Type: docx PHD prospectus.docx(195.7 KB, 151 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?