7th August 2019, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to pursue PhD(Psychology) in Calcutta University?

Hello, I would like to know about the eligibility criteria for studying PhD(Psychology) which is available in Calcutta University. I am looking forward to doing this PhD in this university. Can anyone of you let me know about the eligibility criteria?

12th August 2019, 04:04 AM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to pursue PhD(Psychology) in Calcutta University?

Eligibility to pursue PhD (Psychology) in Calcutta University are as mentioned below:-
Candidate must have completed their M.Phil or Master's degree in Psychology from a recognised University.
Candidate must have scored at least 55% aggregate in Master's degree in Psychology. course.
Candidate must have qualified entrance examination.
There is no age limit to study this course.
12th August 2019, 02:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I would like to know about the eligibility criteria for studying PhD(Psychology) which is available in Calcutta University. I am looking forward to doing this PhD in this university. Can anyone of you let me know about the eligibility criteria?
To get admission in Ph.D(Psychology) in Calcutta University, you must have a valid UGC NET JRF score card.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree in Psychology with above 55% marks from a recognized University with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.
12th August 2019, 02:59 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility required to pursue PhD(Psychology) in Calcutta University are as follows;

You must have passed MA/MSc (Masters degree) in the relevant subject with at least 55% marks from any recognized university/institute. 5% relaxation in the masters degree is applicable for ST/SC/OBC (non-creamy layer)/PwD candidates.

Admission will be made on the basis of entrance test followed by interview. So you will need to qualify both rounds.

More information is available at;
https://www.caluniv.ac.in/academic/d...sychology.html
12th August 2019, 11:31 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria required to pursue PhD in Psychology in Calcutta University:

The basic eligibility criteria required to pursue this PhD in Psychology course in Calcutta University is given below.

Name of the College - Calcutta University

Name of the Course - PhD in Psychology

>> You must have completed M.A or M.Sc in Psychology or Applied Psychology course in order to be eligible for this recruitment.

>> Please go through the official link that is given below for more detailed information.

Click here for more detailed information
13th August 2019, 09:31 AM
EducationConsultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,I would like to know about the eligibility criteria for studying PhD(Psychology) which is available in Calcutta University. I am looking forward to doing this PhD in this university. Can anyone of you let me know about the eligibility criteria?
Eligibility to pursue PhD in Psychology in Calcutta University:

1) Applicants must complete M.Sc in Psychology or equivalent qualification with at least 55% of marks from any UGC recognized university. Applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC required to score at least 50% of marks.

2) Those who have qualified in UGC/CSIR (JRF)/NET/SET/SLET or already obtained M. Phil degree in Psychology or equivalent examinations would be exempted from the written examination conducted by the University of Calcutta.

Contact Information:
University of Calcutta, Kolkata, Department of Applied Psychology, 92,
Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road, Kolkata-700019,
Official website -> Click Here !!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?