23rd October 2018, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Entrance exam to do PhD(Mathematics) in Calcutta University with scholarship?

I have just enter in 2nd year of my MSc(Mathematics) from Calcutta University. I want to do PhD from Calcutta University in Mathematics. Please inform me about the procedure for admission? And which entrance exam I give? I want admission with scholarship. Please help me.

28th October 2018, 05:36 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exam to do PhD(Mathematics) in Calcutta University with scholarship?

Calcutta University*conducts entrance test for admission in PhD(Mathematics) that is "PhD entrance test". Candidates who have qualified PhD entrance test, will be called for interview. Candidates who have cleared UGC/CSIR (JRF)/NET/SET /SLET/valid GATE/Teacher Fellowship/Inspire Fellowship or have passed equivalent examinations or passed the M. Phil examination*are exempted from the PhD entrance test. However, they will be required to appear for the interview. Candidates are selected based on performance in the interview.
For more details you should visit the below mentioned website link.
http://www.caluniv.ac.in/academic/de...Pure-Math.html
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?