28th October 2022, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

Which exam to write for Lecturership in an Engineering college?

Sir I am an Mtech student in applied electronics. I would like to know whether I should write ugc or csir exam for lectureship in an engineering college

29th October 2022, 12:17 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exam to write for Lecturership in an Engineering college?

Candidate must pass NET or a similar test administered by UGC/CSIR or have PhD in related field .
A lecturer should have PhD in relevant discipline and have minimum of 5 publications as academic or policy making studies with documentation of published work.
Eligibility tests
SLET
NET
GATE
To be eligible for NET exam , candidate must have Masters degree from a recognised university with grade point average of atleast 55%.
31st October 2022, 01:08 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Higher education is advanced education and is also required to do specialization such as MPhil or PhD in order to be able to teach at college levels. The eligibility criteria to become a lecturer in any college are given below.

--> A candidate must have scored at least 55% marks in their master's degree course for the general category and for others category it is 50% marks.
--> A candidate must have done post-graduation from a UGC-recognized college/university.
--> Candidates should not be more than 28 years of age for Junior Research Fellowship.

Competitive Examinations to become a Lecturer is given below.

UGC - NET
CSIR - NET
GATE
SLET
31st October 2022, 03:36 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

NET, popularly known as UGC NET, is a competitive exam conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) to select candidates for the profile of lecturer and JRF in an Engineering college.
31st October 2022, 03:57 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

You can sit for the exams like SLET or The National Eligibility Test (NET) and qualify for the exam for the post of Lecturership in an Engineering college.
You must have passed Post graduation degree with 55% of marks to get eligible for the post.
31st October 2022, 04:18 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE): The GATE exam helps you become a lecturer at some of the top engineering schools in India. State Level Eligibility Test (SLET): The UGC also conducts the SLET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?