10th April 2017, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

How can I get admission in University of Calcutta to do PhD after MA Economics? Which topic should I choose?

Hello sir, I am pursing MA Economics and after it want to do PhD. Please tell me procedure to get admission in University of Calcutta for it? Which topic should I choose?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I have to study M.Phil after M.Sc if want to pursue PhD in Economics?
  2. Can I study PhD in Economics in Calcutta University having secured 54.66% in M.A. from IGNOU?
  3. Can I get admission to study B.Sc(Economics) in Calcutta University if secured 79.25% in 12th?
  4. Can I get admission to study Economics Honours in Calcutta University if secured 90.4% in 12th and scored 94 marks in Economics? List of colleges offering Economics Honours without Maths?
  5. Is it good to do Ph.D English or I can try for some other topic?
  6. Why should I choose Managerial Economics as PhD research topic? How will it be feasible to conduct a research?
  7. Detailed information and procedure to apply for Ph.D program in Calcutta University for MBA(HR) student? Can I get scholarship?
  8. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study PhD in Calcutta University?
  9. In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying PhD in Calcutta University?
  10. How can I get admission to study PhD in History in Calcutta University?
  11. Which are the feasible topics to take up Ph.D in Managerial Economics?
  12. Detailed admission procedure to study PhD in History in Calcutta University for M.Phil student?
  13. How to choose simple topic for PhD in Finance and Marketing?
  14. Detailed information about PhD(History) program in Calcutta University? Is there any scholarship available to study PhD?
  15. Commerce topics available to study in PhD for Finance and HR postgraduate? How to choose topics?
  16. Procedure to apply for PhD in Environmental Science program in Burdwan University for M.Sc postgraduate of Calcutta University?
  17. How to get admission in regular master degree in Geography? I am a graduate student of Calcutta University -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Best college, requirements and duration of PhD Economics? Scope after this course?
12th April 2017, 02:18 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission in University of Calcutta to do PhD after MA Economics? Which topic should I choose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am pursing MA Economics and after it want to do PhD. Please tell me procedure to get admission in University of Calcutta for it? Which topic should I choose?

Candidates with MA / MSc in Economics from University of Calcutta with 55% marks or any other UGC recognized universities with 60% marks are eligible to apply for PhD in Economics at University of Calcutta. The candidates with NET/SET/M.Phil shall be exempted from the Research Entrance Test (RET) conducted by the university of Calcutta. Other candidates have to clear the RET conducted by the university of Calcutta. After clearing the entrance test, candidates have to appear for an interview. You can contact the university Economics department for more details. The University of Calcutta website link is Click Here

Actually one should choose the topic based on his interest and guide advice. The list of topics in Economics to do research is given below;

Monetary Equilibrium and Economic Development
Fiscal Adjustment for the Economics Development
Study of Role of Cooperative Cotton Marketing and Processing Societies in Gujarat
Economics of soil testing service in any state
External Debt and Indian Economic Growth
Role of Commercial Banks in Agricultural Development
Economics of Water Management
Currency Devaluation, Trade Balance and the Balance of Payments in India
Financial Liberalization and Regulation in India
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?