23rd February 2023, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

How to obtain PhD to research in polymer science?

Respected Sir, I, Sushree Sangita, have completed my M. Sc in polymer science from CIPET, BBSR. I want to do research in polymer science. Therefore I want to do PhD. But I have no gate score.

Thank you

2nd March 2023, 02:43 AM
TalatNaazGujrati

Default Re: How to obtain PhD to research in polymer science?

Hello Sushree Sangita, congratulations on completing your M.Sc in polymer science. Pursuing a PhD in polymer science can be a great way to further your knowledge and research in the field.

Gate score is not mandatory for admission to PhD programs. However, admission to PhD programs in India is typically competitive and requires a strong academic background, research experience, and a solid research proposal.

Here are some steps you can follow to pursue a PhD in polymer science:

Identify potential universities: Look for universities that offer PhD programs in polymer science. Check their eligibility criteria, admission process, and application deadlines.

Research faculty members: Look for faculty members who have expertise in your area of interest in polymer science. Read their research papers and publications to determine their research interests and see if they align with yours.

Contact potential supervisors: Reach out to faculty members and express your interest in their research. Share your research interests, academic background, and research experience. If they are interested in supervising your PhD, they may invite you to apply to their department.

Prepare a research proposal: Create a research proposal outlining your research interests, goals, and methodology. This proposal should be in line with the research interests of the faculty members you are interested in working with.

Apply to PhD programs: Apply to the universities that offer PhD programs in polymer science. Submit your application along with your research proposal and any other required documents such as academic transcripts and letters of recommendation.

Attend interviews: If shortlisted, attend interviews with the faculty members who may be your supervisors. Be prepared to discuss your research interests, academic background, and research proposal.

Secure funding: PhD programs in India typically provide funding for students, but it is important to check with the universities for their policies. You can also explore other funding opportunities such as scholarships or grants.

I hope this helps you in pursuing a PhD in polymer science. Good luck with your research!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?