19th December 2013, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

How to start career in the field of research? Entry criteria and scope?

I just like to know about starting a career in Research and Development. Companies offering research opportunity. What is the entry criteria.

Related Questions:
  1. Jobs available in Mumbai after BSc Microbiology?
  2. Scope of Bio Informatics course? Institutes offering the course in NJ? Can MS in Clinical Research helf to start a career?
  3. What will be the career scope in the field of Microbiology? Information regarding Career Opportunities in this field?
  4. Duration of M.Tech Biotechnology course after M.Sc. Biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which field has more scope, Research or Teaching?
  6. How to make career in microbiology? How may I build research career in microbiology field?
  7. Job Opportunities after the completion of M.Tech in Nanotechnology?
  8. Scope for Researching field if I do Ph.d in Radio Astronomy? Is it Necessary to do Post Graduation or PhD to Enter Research Field?
  9. What will be the career scope for me after completion of B.Tech in Genetics?
  10. Which course is better between MBA and M.Sc. in Biotechnology having completed Graduation in Biotechnology?
  11. How to pursue a career in technical research field in companies? Should I go for MBA in India or should I do MS in mechatronics or robotics in abroad?
  12. Scope of making career in Core Electronics area in India?
  13. Eligibility to pursue Astrophysics or Astronomy course in IUCAA or IIA Bangalore at the age of 30? What would be the options available in the research field?
  14. Further studies in Dubai after 12th standard with 58% marks with science subjects?
  15. What should I do after passing class 12th with 65%?
  16. Job opportunities in Government organizations after M.Tech. in Nanotechnology?
  17. What are the career options available for girls in aviation field? What should I do for the same? Currently I am in 12th(Science) and preparing for board and MHT-CET
  18. What should I do to go ahead with a successful career in space research?
20th December 2013, 03:44 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to start career in the field of research? Entry criteria and scope?

As you have not mention what you are doing and in which field you want to research so it is quite difficult to give answer of your question. But still i will try to give answer of your question. So if you want to go in the research field than you need to pursue PhD degree and for the Phd degree you need to have minimum qualification of the Master degree.

Let we discuss the detailed criteria for pursuing the PhD degree
If anyone want to do PhD course than he or she must need to have minimum qualification of Master degree with at least of 60% marks.

If anyone belongs to the SC and ST category than he or she need minimum of 55% marks in his or her master degree. As there is relaxation of 5% marks for the SC and ST category as per the government rule.

Talking about the Age Criteria so there is no age limit for study. Any one who wants to pursue the PhD can pursue in any age.There is no age limit for it.

There are many colleges where you can pursue the PhD degree after completing your master degree course.

I am giving you important dates for the exam of Utkal university 2014-15
You may also apply for the same.

Utkal University of Culture PhD Programme 2014-15

Last date of receipt of application for entrance test 25th Jan 2014

Date of entrance test 24th Feb 2014

Important Note-If your application reach after the defined date than your form will rejected directly without giving any notice to you.
28th August 2019, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to start career in the field of research? Entry criteria and scope?

Can I get chance for PhD in self sponsored mood? I have passed MCA with 72"%marks and doing a state government service at West Bengal
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?