28th October 2022, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

How to take admission in PhD(Commerce) without UGC NET?

Sir/Madam, I want to know that how can I take admission in PhD in Commerce stream without appearing in UGC NET? Please reply to me about this immediately. Waiting for your response!

30th October 2022, 11:34 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to take admission in PhD(Commerce) without UGC NET?

Those who have completed masters in relevant subject from a recognised university with atleast 55% marks are eligible for admission.

Those who have appeared for National level entrance exam are exempted from university level entrance exam.
And those who have not given NET exam are required to appear for university level entrance exam for admission purpose.

Thus for admission in PhD programme, candidate has to go through entrance exam at university level as well as interview or personal discussion round.
31st October 2022, 04:36 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes, of course.

You will need to clear the entrance exam of the institution from where you wish to pursue PhD.

Without qualifying National Eligibility Test (NET) JRF, you will not be entitled to fellowship stipend.
31st October 2022, 08:17 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

In case you are not able to appear and qualify for the UGC NET then for getting a Ph.D. admission you need to either appear in the university Ph.D. admission entrance test or apply for Ph.D. admission through professors so you need to explore about admission procedure of universities of your concern.

In general Ph.D. admission is very flexible and getting admission through UGC NET offers you the opportunity to get a stipend while pursuing Ph.D.
31st October 2022, 09:45 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Some universities conduct entrance exams to select candidates for PhD programs. Universities that conduct entrance exams will not require UGC NET certificate as a mandatory requirement.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?