15th August 2017, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Is the M.Phil necessary to do PhD in Organic Chemistry if have completed M.Sc 18 years ago? How can I make my career in Lecturership after it?

I am M.Sc Organic Chemistry holder and I have completed it in year 1999. Now I want to do PhD. Please tell me will I have to do M.Phil and then PhD? How can I make my career in Lecturership after it?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study correspondence PhD in Organic Chemistry if completed M.Sc about 18 years ago?
  2. Can I study PhD(Organic Chemistry) if pursue MSc in Chemistry?
  3. Procedure and eligibility to study PhD for a candidate who has completed M.Sc around 15 years ago?
  4. List of colleges offering MSc(Organic Chemistry) course in Hyderabad -- [New]
  5. Is M.Phil mandatory before PhD?
  6. Want to make a career related to organic chemistry. How to proceed?
  7. Can I study PhD in Organic Chemistry with UGC-JRF certificate if completed M.Sc in Physical Chemistry?
  8. How to do part time Ph.D course in organic chemistry? List of the colleges for the same? I have completed my M.Sc in chemistry and working in Pharma company in R&D Department from past 2 years
  9. Am I eligible for Ph.D in abroad after qualifying MSc Organic Chemistry?
  10. Universities offering PhD in organic chemistry on the par time basis or correspondence? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to do Ph.d in Chemistry after scoring 54% marks in MSc Organic Chemistry?
  12. Requirements and eligibility to study Ph.D in Germany after MSc in Organic Chemistry? List of institutes in Germany?
  13. Can I pursue M.Phil in chemistry from any institute through distance course? I have completed MSc in Chemistry
  14. Job prospect after PhD in Medical Biochemistry?
  15. Universities which offer Part Time PhD in Analytical Chemistry in NCR for a candidate who has completed M.Sc(Chemistry) 10 years ago?
  16. What should I do to study PhD being an Instrument Operator Organic Chemistry postgraduate?
  17. List of institutes which offer PhD in Organic Chemistry in Mumbai?
  18. Possibility to do Part Time PhD in Chemistry for 50 years old Goverment Serviceman who has completed M.Sc 25 years ago?
16th August 2017, 08:59 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is the M.Phil necessary to do PhD in Organic Chemistry if have completed M.Sc 18 years ago? How can I make my career in Lecturership after it?

Yes, definitely you can apply for the Ph.D course in your relevant field after the completion of your Masters degree course in Organic Chemistry in the year of 1999, there is no problem in it.
Since you have completed your Masters degree course, you can directly apply for Ph.D course after qualifying in the NET examination.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
16th August 2017, 10:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is the M.Phil necessary to do PhD in Organic Chemistry if have completed M.Sc 18 years ago? How can I make my career in Lecturership after it?

No, M.Phil is not necessary to apply for Ph.D admission. All you need to do is appear for entrance exam and interview to get admission based on your M.Sc degree. Just make sure you have at least 55% marks.

If you have experience of 5 years in the given field, then you will be exempted from entrance exam and can appear for interview directly.
18th August 2017, 06:16 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

You already have done masters degree, so you don't have to do M.Phil to do PhD.
A candidate who have completed masters degree in Organic Chemistry with a minimum of 55% from a recognized university is eligible to do PhD in respective field and can also appear of UGC-NET entrance examination.
In order to do PhD you need to appear and qualify in UGC-NET, which is conducted by University Grant Commission twice in a year.
After qualifying in this examination you can take admission into PhD program.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?