30th July 2015, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to clear NET exam to be eligible for Ph.D course?

Is it necessary to clear NET exam to be eligible for Ph.D course? or Am I eligible without that? Where to find the official information about the same? is there any documents available related to this? Can someone please give me the right information on the same?

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Mathematics? List of colleges which offer PhD in Mathematics without NET?
  2. What is the procedure to follow for getting admission in Ph.D BioTechnology?
  3. What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D in home science?
  4. Can i do Ph.D.in Organic Chemistry after completing M.Sc. in same with 65%? -- [New]
  5. Am I eligible to appear for NET Exam being a candidate having an experience of 9 years in Industrial Research and with an age of 35 years? Can I directly enroll for Ph.D course or have to clear NET Exam?
  6. Entrance exam to pursue PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  7. Entrance exam for doing PHD in Pharmacy after M.Sc Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  8. Entrance exam for doing PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  9. Is it necessary to clear NET before Phd? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Is it necessary to clear NET exam to take admission in Ph.D?
  11. Is it necessary to clear NET Exam for doing PhD in India? NET exam can be skipped by pursuing M.Phil?
  12. Do I need to crack NET for pursuing PhD at JNU and DU? Eligibility to apply?
  13. Lecturership rules for PhD students?
  14. Is NET mandatory for PhD? Which books to refer for NET? Best university for PhD in Commerce?
  15. Am I eligible to study PhD in Microbiology with ICAR NET certificate?
  16. How to get enrolled in PhD Bioinformatics? Is it necessary to clear NET, GATE, ICMR like exams?
  17. Am i eligible for GJU Hisar after doing Ph.D in commerce?
  18. How to do Ph.D in Information Technology after doing Bachlor of Information Technology
31st July 2015, 01:11 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to clear NET exam to be eligible for Ph.D course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it necessary to clear NET exam to be eligible for Ph.D course? or Am I eligible without that? Where to find the official information about the same? is there any documents available related to this? Can someone please give me the right information on the same?

Thank you!
Yes, UGC NET score card is necessary for Ph.D course.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

You can find out all information regarding UGC NET exam

www.ugcnetonline.in/

cbsenet.nic.in/
31st July 2015, 05:36 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to clear NET exam to be eligible for Ph.D course?

NET score will make your admission procedure easier plus you will be preferred candidates over other. If you don't have NET score then you have to appear for other entrance exams which are mainly conducted by the concerned university.

Also, without NET/GATE/SET/JRF you will have little chance of getting admission in an reputed university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?