26th October 2014, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

PhD in Geography is possible after M.Com?

I had complete my m.com from Pune University and now i wants to do PhD in geography will be possible for me to carry on PhD programme in Geography.

30th October 2014, 12:16 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: PhD in Geography is possible after M.Com?

You must have a Master's Degree in Geography with at least 55% marks from a recognized university for Ph.D in Geography course.

If you have qualified UGC NET after master's degree, then you will have advantage over other candidates for admission in top colleges for your Ph.D program.

If you are not UGC NET qualified, then you have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by the university.

For more information visit http://www.lpu.in/program/PhD-Geography-PartTime.php
30th October 2014, 01:26 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had complete my m.com from Pune University and now i wants to do PhD in geography will be possible for me to carry on PhD programme in Geography.
No, you are not eligible for Ph.D Geography after completing M.Com course. You need to complete Master degree in Geography to be eligible for Ph.D in Geography course.

A student will be eligible to apply for admission to Ph.D Geography course, He/she has obtained the Master’s Degree in Geography or its equivalent recognized by the University with not less than 55% marks in the aggregate or its equivalent.

However, you can apply for Ph.D in Commerce or Economics after completing M.Com course.
4th December 2020, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

I have master's degree and JRF in tourism. Can i do phd in geography Department ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?