28th July 2016, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study M.Phil in English for an MA in English holder with 49% marks?

Hello sir, I have completed MA in English from Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla but I got only 49% marks. Now I want to do M.Phil but my percentage is so less. Can I study M.Phil if got only 49% marks? Will I have to do MA English again to study M.Phil?

30th July 2016, 01:51 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study M.Phil in English for an MA in English holder with 49% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have completed MA in English from Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla but I got only 49% marks. Now I want to do M.Phil but my percentage is so less. Can I study M.Phil if got only 49% marks? Will I have to do MA English again to study M.Phil?

Sorry, it is not possible to study M.Phil in English for an M.A in English holder with 49% marks. The candidates with a minimum of 55% marks in M.A English course from any recognized university shall be eligible for the M.Phil English course. The admission will be based on the written test and interview. The M.Phil in English course can be studied in many institutions in India. So with 49% marks in M.A in English, it is not possible to study M.Phil in English.
30th July 2016, 10:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study M.Phil in English for an MA in English holder with 49% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Your masters degree marks is 49%, So you are not eligible for M.Phil course.

Eligibility criteria for M.Phil course:-

1)Those candidates who have completed masters from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for M.Phil course.

2)There are no age criteria for M.Phil course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?